Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Has anyone done this yet?

I'd like some help with this one.

1) any diffrence when you change an NA engine and tranny into a TT engine and tranny?

2) Insurance? Do you really get charged for having an NA?

3) I'd really like to look into this because its damn hard to find a hardtop TT nowadays.

Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
i have a good friend of mine that has been asking the same question. I think the wisest decision to make is to simply sell your n/a supra and just buy a TT supra. It would save you time and alot of headaches.

·
Very Senior Member
9,964 Posts
A_spec said:
Hi. Has anyone done this yet?

I'd like some help with this one.

1) any diffrence when you change an NA engine and tranny into a TT engine and tranny?

2) Insurance? Do you really get charged for having an NA?

3) I'd really like to look into this because its damn hard to find a hardtop TT nowadays.

Thanks
it's easier/cheaper to find the TT than change an NA.
If you claim it as NA and it's been turboed, insurance could rightly claim fraud and not pay.

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it would be better to have an NA rather than nothing at all. I was thinking this because i'm on a real low budget because school. Had to quit my job because of my dad. I would rather have a supra than anything else. Any tips on geting a supra TT? (ie how much of the down payment, where to look, ) Thanks mike and vicks

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
I'd also like to add that I've seen 2 n/a-T cars on ebay recently & was dissapointed at the response. Both appeared to be good looking cars & 1 claimed to be a PHR conversion! Looks as if they were pulled after not meeting reserve. My n/a will stay n/a, although @ 34k mi it is healthy enough to be converted, the return value is prohibitive! :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts