Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change my gas door to a key open one or just a pull open, something is wrong with my cable or something on the one I have now, and I dont want to bother with it.
Does anyone know where I could get a key or pull open one at and how much it would cost, as well as how hard it would be to install?

Thanks

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
take it off and run a locking gas cap.. dunno of any locking fuel doors for the mk3

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
he prolly wants another gas door cuz it takes a while to open. haha. mine does the same thing. i cant open my hatch with the cable either. and i have to pull my gas cable hard but it opens.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
I replaced the door and the spring in the door last fall. Now it pops open all the way. It works great.

Before, it would only pop open a bit.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The cable is probably weak and has been stretched out a lot. If you pull it and it still pulls back that small plastic piece to release the door then you can fix it! For the sake of making it work, just shave the plastic piece that locks the door in a bit. This will make sure that when you pull the cable the plastic piece will FULLY get out of the way of the door and not prevent it from opening.I hope that makes sense..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts