Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried lightly tapping the pins, sprayed the heads and opposite end with WD-40 for an hour still no luck. They are stuck pretty good. My last resort is a dremel or drill those b$st#rds out. :mad:

J

·
0 Posts
sleeper said:
Tried lightly tapping the pins, sprayed the heads and opposite end with WD-40 for an hour still no luck. They are stuck pretty good. My last resort is a dremel or drill those b$st#rds out. :mad:
Did you first release pressure on the anti-rattle clip? If not, that's probably your problem. You release the pressure by pressing on one side of the clip(one is easier than the other) while pulling on the pin (on the same side).

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
When all else fails, hit it with a hammer. If that doesn't work, hire a professional to hit it with a hammer. ;)

Try a torch to heat it up first (make sure the WD-40's dried though :D ), then give it a whirl.

Good luck.

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
must have a lot of brake dust inside the pin. Try brake cleaner instead of wd 40, though im suprised that did not work. Also, try grabin pin with pliars or something and rotating it.

If that and hitting it does not work, cut off the head and use a pin punch and hit it with a hammer. Use that as last resort though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, got the 2 pins off the left rear, the top one was not to difficult but the bottom one took quite a bit of effort with the hammer. The right rears on the other hand are not budging at all. So I finally brought out the dremel and drill bit. The lower one is now half way done. Just got back from the local hardware store and bought a pin punch. I'm too tired right now, so I'll just finished them off tomorrow.

These :uzi: brake pads pins now take the cake over the 3 exhaust dp nuts/bolts for giving me the most grief. I have shouted out explatives that I haven't said in a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts