Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of changing my spark plugs now and I have a couple questions:

1)There are 2 vaccume hoses that connect to either side of the valve cover. They seem very hard and brittle, and I'm scared they are going to break if I try to forcefully remove them. Are they supposed to be this way, or should I get some new hose? Will any automotive hose do, or should I get them from Toyota?

2)Also I picked up a set of NGK 3330's. What size are they pre-gapped? I wanted the 6097's, but couldnt find them anywhere. I was told they are the same plug, but are just pre-gapped at a different size. What size do you recommend for BPU? I was told .031, or .032. Does that sound right?

Thanks alot.
-Steve

·
Registered
525 Posts
Steve,
You can either work around those hoses, this is possible. Or break them off and get new ones from toyota

Depending on your mods 3330's work fine on a bpu supra. I'm not sure what the pre-gap is but mine worked fine both stock and at BPU :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you remove the coil packs individually by removing the two phillips screws for each coil pack, you do not have to mess with the hoses. It takes a little longer, but it takes the worry out of breaking the hoses. Be sure you use a screwdriver that is in good condition or you will end up stripping the screws. Remove all of the screws before taking out the spark plugs. It helps to reduce the chance of dropping a screw in one of the cylinders.

John B.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ripped the hoses off and never replaced them.Actually, I forgot to order them. I havent had any problems without them.

Joe

·
Registered
124 Posts
First off let me say *from experience* that the stock gap is not perfectly what they say it should be and you are a moron if you don't take the 5 minutes to gap them all perfectly.

And just order new hoses from Jeff Watson they are only a few $$$

·
Registered
830 Posts
burnmacs said:
First off let me say *from experience* that the stock gap is not perfectly what they say it should be and you are a moron if you don't take the 5 minutes to gap them all perfectly.

And just order new hoses from Jeff Watson they are only a few $$$
I know Jeff Watson is the man but come on, two lilttle hoses? Just go to the local dealership. If the two hoses are brittle alway replace them.

Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts