Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a real simple question, how do I get at the spark plugs??? it seems like a lot of work just to change them!!! Just bought a 1993.5 Supra from miami, so any advise thxs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yea it's a real pain. First, take off the spark plug covers (2 pieces). Then, if you unbolt the intake manifold (without fully removing it), there is enough room to fanagle your wrench under there for plugs 3 and 4. I've always had a second person hold it up while I'm changing them though. Someone else may have a better way, but that's the way I've always done it.

·
Wingless FTW
594 Posts
I always just remove the entire throttle body, but make sure you have a new gasket on hand, b/c you won't want to reuse the old one. It's not hard, but it definitely takes time.

·
Master Yos
2,215 Posts
if its your first time it will take you longer because you dont know what your doin.from doin many times shold take no longer 30-45 min I have to change the ones on my girlfrends SC300 tomarow

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thxs for the help guys. I was hoping there would have been a way to do this with out removing the intake. I bought the car last year from miami and had it sitting in my garage for about 8 months, so no its not the supra with 170miles on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just make sure u don't round off the nut like someone had on my car! It took 3 hours and cost me about $120 (not including the plugs) to change my plugs for the first time!

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
dude it aint that hard, i take the whole manifold off in about 5 mins.
I know its not hard but fuck that, I had the extra money lying around doing nothing so w/e.

This spring I might be cleaning up the manifold w/ velocity stacks and nice runners like the hypertune manifold.

I will post pictures when I do this. I will have to ask DaveH to see if I can post picture first.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts