Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never done it before...just kinna wondering how difficult it is if I have all the appropriate tools on hand? I have access to a shop at work...but if it takes a stupid amount of time or something then I shouldn't do it that way...just curious.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool...is it very time consuming? I'd be kinna limited on time...but not that limited...I'd have like 6 hours...lol

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
when i did it on my own for the first time, it took a while. thats beacause i had no idea what i was doing. When i helped my friend do his it took maybe 4 hours. The harder part is getting the bottom of the strut in and out of the socket? (what the hell is that called) my friend ended up filing a little metal off his new shock to make it slide in.

on the fronts you gotta remmove the upper control arm.

oh yeah if you loose the washer at the top of the shock you will be heaing a very loud bumping sound when you drive

(these are all misc tips, i guess they may be helpful)

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Yea, its easy. Some air tools are handy to have. The long bolt that holds in the passenger side upper control arm will be difficult to remove if the windshield washer fluid reservoir is in place, so you might consider removing it (although, its possible to do it without removing it).

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Air tools make the job so easy, but a good breaker bar and some WD40 should do fine. My first time took probably 4 hours, but I'd wager I can do it in better than half that now. Just be sure you get a spring compressor. Most autoparts store will let you use them if you put a deposit down, and return it in good condition

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have coil compressors...I have a lot of tools like that which I've never used...me and my dad seem to have this thing where anytime we see a tool with a good price tag on it we buy it...whether we need it or not...

Thanks for the replies guys...I really appreciate it! I got the air tools...I got the WD40...I got the wrenches...I got the Tokicos...I think I'm set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts