Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my new Greddy intake pipe to be a smooooth as possible. Unfortunately it came with 3 nipples sticking out of it.

Since I'm running a Greddy catch-can, I've already cut and smoothed out the PCV nipple. I need to weld the hole shut and polish it out. Same thing with the large nipple for the idle-up valve.

Here's the question -- Next to the large nipple is a very small nipple for routing gas fumes from the charcoal canister into the intake pipe. If I simply install a K&N filter on the canister, I could cut this nipple also. Will these fumes cause problems in the engine bay? Can I completely remove the canister?

Also, I'm about to install a new fuel system. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated!

John
www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, you can completely remove the canister. Just need to re-route some hoses. Putting a breather filter on the canister will provide a solution to your issue, a completely smooth intake tube, but the gas fumes from under the hood will be a bit strong, nothing unbearable though, but no other ill effects to the engine bay.

-Logan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts