Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know the title sounds dumb and I am sure I will get the usual your on crack responses but I took out the car for the first run today after the winter bolt on and after parking from an hour stint of drving I noticed even after the fact of parking in the garage screwing around with my stereo and taking some stuff out of the hatch that my charcoal canister sounded like a clock???? Is this normal, if so what is it caused by???? Just more so for my information.

Thinking of getting rid of it as I have on here but I am somewhat leary of gas fumes leaking into not quite the right place as I have read on here previously.

Thanks to any that can enlighten me on this.....

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
If done correctly, you will not have any gas fumes in the cabin. I have had my charcoal canister removed since last summer and never had that problem.

If you are still on stock twins, you can re-route your vacuum lines as shown here per mkiv.com:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have read the only pro to this is purely cosmetic. Also it frees up some space under the hood area. Cons would be from what another member experienced (possibly from doing it incorrectly) and started a cabin fire.....I wonder if you knew this was happening and drove fast enough if it would go out.....hahahha....Any takers???? I will film for anyone.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i just followed the picture. works fine

the only con would be is that you would fail a smog check

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No guesses on what would cause the clock like ticking from inside the cainster even after shtdown for about 15minutes?????

My guess would be that there is something blocking the passage for the gases to escape. Causing a buildup of pressure that gets released over a period of time very shortly.....could this be dangerous if that is the case for the fuel tank or other items????

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
if it isn't one piece, and has a lid or top piece, it may be the expansion/contraction of the plastic due to heating and cooling.

Clamp a shitty muffler on exhaust pipe and it does the same thing. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts