Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on a Charlotte area shop to fab a downpipe/midpipe? I'm running the original old school RPS 3" setup with recirculated wastegate and am looking to basically have the exact same thing replicated in 3.5" piping. Any idea on what the general price range for something like that may be?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :bigthumb:

·
Banned
3,790 Posts
not sure if 3sx has a fab guy working there, can either try underground ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) or post on honda-tech fab section to find a local fab guy to do it.

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fairly certain 3SX would just sub out and then put their premium on top of it -- never seen them do any real in-house fab work. I'm not even going to try UGR...

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know all of the guys at 3SX and have had work done there in the past. They don't do that type of fabrication in-house, though.

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I PM'd him a few days ago and haven't heard back yet...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Darius at driven can weld thats for sure, he made my turbo manifold a while ago. I can give you his number if you want, he is in charlotte.

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool - is that Driven Performance in Monroe?

How's the Supra coming along? :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cool - is that Driven Performance in Monroe?

How's the Supra coming along? :)
yeap, its right off 74 going towards monroe. Its coming good, just got my rods, gt40 turbo bunch of stuff on order. Im hoping to get her painted very soon.

·
Registered
195 Posts
let me know if your going to his shop this week i might roll up there with you. I need to talk to him about some stuff also.

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do - might be kind of tough for me to get down there this week unless they're open past 5pm, though. Work's always getting in the way of shit! :freak:

Send me your cell # again when you get a chance.

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Hey, can i ask ya'll a question? Im looking for an experienced tuner in the charlotte, nc area. Can ya'll recommend me anywhere?? Again, Im looking for an experienced supra tuner!

The only shop i heard about in charlotte, nc is Draco performance? but other members told me to run like hell from that shop!

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
YES STAY AWAY from Draco performance! I am a former employee and highly recommend NOT going there. What all is done to your supra and what kind of engine management are you running?

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aem v2, s372, 4 down and midpipe. with all supporting mods like intake, intercooler, clutch and etc...

You're probably better off flying in one of the known tuners. I think I read that John Reed is at UGR pretty regularly; you might get lucky and be able to book him while he's in town.

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
Yea if u want the best tune and the most out of your setup, you will be best trying to have John Reed or one of the other mobile Supra tuners come and do it for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts