Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Charlotte AutoFair fall 2016 – 22-25 September – Charlotte, NC.........

It may be sizzling outside but it’s time to start falling in for the cooler auto show season. The bi-annual AutoFair in Charlotte, NC at Charlotte Motor Speedway 22-25 September 2016. Our Supra group has been invited back to join the wonderful festivities. The AutoFair runs the entire weekend, beginning on Thursday. Our group will be displaying on Saturday, 24 September AND Sunday, 25 September from gate opening at 8am til end of show. All car clubs are REQUIRED to display both days in order to continue participation in the AutoFair.

We have been supplied with 20 vehicle display allocations for both days! We could certainly use a boost of attendees on Sunday as that has been a slow day for our group these last few shows.

All of this is provided to you FREE FREE FREE of charge. It costs you NOTHING to display your Supra and partake in all the other festivities. If you have attended the AutoFair in the past you know of the greatness to expect.

If you have never been to the AutoFair, either as an attendee to the event or to display your Supra with the group, you are missing out on the largest automotive extravaganza in the eastern USA. More than 2,000 cars on display in the “for sale” car corral….plus….50+ local and regional automobile clubs on display….PLUS….over 10,000 vendors all at one location. Beautiful cars abound and you may find just that right something you’ve been searching for from one of the vendors. Bring your checkbook.

In addition to the display spaces we also receive FREE trophies, one “Best of Show” plus additional trophies determined by our group. The purpose of the AutoFair is to have fun, many attendees don’t see it as competition – at least for our group. I try to attempt it simple for the trophies.

“Best of Show”
“Boogie Nights” – If it were the 80’s or 90’s, best chance of picking up chicks (or guys (for the girls) and getting nookie
“Timeless” – Car that has been to AutoFair a few times and never changes. Happy with way the car is.
”Supra Syndrome” –most Supra schwag

In addition to receiving a spot to display your Supra you will also receive two FREE passes to the AutoFair. That equals: ONE car pass, TWO people passes (one for you and one for a guest). Additional guests would pay admission ($10, children under 12 are free).

The AutoFair is a professionally run event and space is limited. All Supra display spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you sign up to display it is important that you attend the show. Future opportunities for our Supra group to participate in the AutoFair depend on the turn-out ratio according to our allocated space.

It’s a great time to spend with a great bunch of Supra enthusiasts plus the thousands of other sweet rides you will see throughout the day.

Visit the following sites for more info:

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/schedule/carshows/

I will post more information as it becomes available. For now, please sign up to attend the fall 2016 Charlotte AutoFair! To sign up please post here, send me a message or email me: Scottham “at” softplay “dot” com. When you sign up please include your (real) name, your screen name and info on your Supra. If you are a new attendee I ask that you please send me (via email or message) your full name (first and last), mailing address (so I can send passes), email address and contact number if I need to relay information at the last minute.

Attendees:
Saturday, 24 September
1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ’83 P-Type
2. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
3. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
4. Autumn E. – suprachick83 – ’85 MKII
5. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
6. Josh B. – stylin and profiling – ’93 hardtop
19. Your name here……
20. This space for rent……

Sunday, 25 September
1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ’83 P-Type
2. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
3. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
4. Autumn E. – ’85 MKII
5. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
6. Andrew W. – Axonian – ’84 P-Type
7. Aaron H. – curvesrgood – ’86 P-Type

Tentative/Stand-by:

Be there, be there, be there! Scott

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Attendee list updated. Tell a buddy, bring a friend!

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In addition to all the show car, concourse cars and club cars, the AutoFair draws celebrities and unique cars for each event. Us children, curious young boys in particular, will remember this darling. :)

News from the AutoFair:

CONCORD, N.C. (Aug. 26, 2016) – Daisy Duke, the Southern belle played by Catherine Bach who made cutoff jean shorts a fashion statement in the “Dukes of Hazzard” television series, will visit the Sept. 22-25 Fall AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway for an autograph session with “Dixie,” a reproduction of her character’s Jeep.

Milton Dacus, owner of Hazzard County Garage in Smiths Station, Alabama, built the Dixie replica as well as a General Lee Dodge Charger and Sheriff Roscoe patrol car. He was inspired to recreate the famous white Jeep for a special lady in his life—his three-year-old daughter, Daisy—who hopes to drive it soon.

“Dixie” will highlight a collection of Jeeps spanning the 75-year history of the iconic brand on display in the Nationwide Insurance Showcase Pavilion. Bach, 62, will greet fans and sign autographs alongside her famous ride on Saturday, Sept. 24 from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.

The simple but unbreakable four-wheel-drive Jeep is credited with winning World War II for the Allies, and it has inspired countless imitators in the SUV field. Willys military Jeeps went into production 75 years ago in Toledo, Ohio, with civilian units hitting showrooms immediately after the war in 1945. Last year, Jeep produced more than a quarter-million copies of its Wrangler model—the direct descendant of the first CJ (aka “civilian Jeep”).

MORE INFO:
The Fall AutoFair features more than 50 car club displays and more than 10,000 vendor spaces offering an array of automotive parts and memorabilia. More than 1,500 collectible vehicles of all makes and models will be available for sale in the car corral that rings the 1.5-mile superspeedway. In addition, kids can enjoy face-painting, bounce houses, and other games and entertainment in the Play Zone.
Hours for the Sept. 22-25 Fall AutoFair are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.

TICKETS:
Single-day tickets are $11 each day for adults. Admission is FREE for children 13 and under with an adult. A four-day Weekend Pass is available for just $32. To buy tickets, AutoFair attendees can call the speedway ticket office at 1-800-455-FANS (3267), shop online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com, or purchase them at the gate.

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Calling all Supra owners. We have lotsa display space open and only a couple weeks before the BIG show! Sign up today.

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The AutoFair is quickly approaching and we have plenty of open spaces left. The Charlotte AutoFair is the largest automotive extravaganza of this type in the world! Terrific show and a terrific bunch of friends with sweet Supras to display. All generations welcome and desired. Our Supras are a greatly respected group with the AutoFair organizers. They realize we bring a wider interest to the guests. Thus, we're always given good attention and that has only continued to increase over the years as our value as a display club has grown. We need to fill our display allocation or risk not being invited back for additional shows. I for one, would not like to see that happen. Gather the Supra masses and let's show 'em who's boss!

Who's the Boss?
Scott

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Our display location is in. We're once again given a grand location on the pitroad grass median. We have had this location in past years. Recently, we have been initially placed in this space but were forced to move off the grass, as were all cars, due to inclement weather. At the AutoFair meeting last week, it was announced the new grass is a highly engineered grass and we WILL be permitted to park as long as it's not raining day of show. This is a prime location with lots of attraction amongst the seas of domestic muscle.

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where have all the good times gone? I know there are more Supras within the Charlotte region, we've had prior tremendous turnouts for our AutoFair participation. The great automotive extravaganza in the world and it's all free to those who display. How cool is that? Please contact me ASAP for participation.

Supras rise!
Scott

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Attendee list updated. Where is everyone? Spring show we had 17. Five months later, this is it? I don't believe so. Get out and Supra!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts