Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Mr. OEM himself (that’s me) finally installed a aftermarket Keyless entry system. I’ve removed so so so many aftermarket alarms, but never installed one. I hate aftermarket alarms!!! I’ve never seen a good install of an after market alarm, NEVER! Not even today’s job… :run:
Aftermarket alarms in my opinion is just adding electrical wire spaghetti under the dash.

So, here is what I bought.
1: Keyless Entry System


1: Double Relay holder
I wasn’t happy with this Relay holder as it comes pre-wired so that on a bosh style relay both relay’s “87” and “86” were wired together. So I had to pull the wires out and separate them. See pic below to see how they come originally.


2: Bosh style relays
Some electric tape and a few scotch locks.

I installed this in a RAV-4. This unit has quite a few features, (you can read about all of them in the link at the bottom). But I only installed it to do the following:
Remotely lock and Unlock the doors
Flash the parking lights
Turn on the dome light when Remotely unlocked
Honk the horn
I also left it (default) to lock the doors when the Ignition is turned on and unlock them when the Ignition is turned off.

What I liked about this system:
The price! Super cheap
It has more features than just unlocking the doors remotely (flashing the lights was the main one for me)


I ended up only using 10 of the wires from the control box, so the others I removed from the connector (to reduce the amount of spaghetti) and shortened the wires to correct length (also something radio/alarm shops seem to know nothing about)
I had to use one realy to ground the dome light.
The other relay I had to use to flash the parking lights, not that a relay was needed for handling the amperage, just that this aftermarket keyless control box outputs a positive voltage signal and Toyota’s use a negative signal. So I used the relay to get a negative signal to the Tail light relay.
I didn’t plug in the LED or the Valet switch as they won’t be needed for the settings and Aftermarket Alarm LEDs look stupid to me.

So, being here in Japan away from my Garage and all my tools and because it wasn’t my car, I did this budget system. Had to Install it in the parking lot but, very simple to do. I Only used a $20 multi meter, screwdriver, 10mm wrench, side cutters and a pair of pliers to install it.

The reason I’m writing this, is if you want to install a Keyless system for as cheap as possible in your Supra, I’m giving this system an approved stamp. It works just fine and the control box is pretty small. The remote (although ugly) can operate from a good distance. It also has all the abilities to properly control the Supra’s “Theft deterrent and door lock ECU”
On a Supra I bet one could wire the keyless door operation only in about 25min and be done, as all the wires needed to do so are all located at the “Theft deterrent and door lock control ECU”
You could easily wire the lights and horn up too.

So bang for the buck$ I’ll recommend this unit.

Here are links to the parts I bought.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-145

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=330-078

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=330-073

Ishii
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Nice write up...are those parts everything that is needed for the install?...I've been wanting to update the mkiv with some sort of system like this...as using the key to open the doors each time really dates the car imo...and it pictures different key fobs...did yours just show up with those fugly ones?

jim
 

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
whoa....and a month later, the thread is revived!
 

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anthracite93 said:
Nice write up...are those parts everything that is needed for the install?...I've been wanting to update the mkiv with some sort of system like this...as using the key to open the doors each time really dates the car imo...and it pictures different key fobs...did yours just show up with those fugly ones?

jim
It just came with those remotes. They are kinda ugly, but they work, hard to complain when you consider the cost. To answer your question: Yes, those are all the parts you would need for a simple install. I know alot of alarm geeks would bash on a system like this, but it works just fine and the remote distance is the same as a factory toyota keyless. I also know that this company has been in buisness for quite a while as I have seen their products advertised for many years. I too was a little hesitant about buying something so cheap, but now that I have installed it and have been using it I think it is a great little unit. As a matter of fact, I'm about to order another here within the week.

Ishii
 

·
TuneLord
Joined
·
578 Posts
Ishii said:
It just came with those remotes. They are kinda ugly, but they work, hard to complain when you consider the cost. To answer your question: Yes, those are all the parts you would need for a simple install. I know alot of alarm geeks would bash on a system like this, but it works just fine and the remote distance is the same as a factory toyota keyless. I also know that this company has been in buisness for quite a while as I have seen their products advertised for many years. I too was a little hesitant about buying something so cheap, but now that I have installed it and have been using it I think it is a great little unit. As a matter of fact, I'm about to order another here within the week.

Ishii

i didnt seem to apreciate the remotes as well....

kinda ugly :1poke:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
86 Posts
Horn honk is rude. Nix that. Is it possible to delete this feature?
 

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mammoth gt said:
Horn honk is rude. Nix that. Is it possible to delete this feature?

Yes.
 

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
Joined
·
3,315 Posts
if were hooking up an alarm ourselves in a MKIV .. do we NEED the :

- 12VDC DUAL RELAY SOCKET
- 12VDC AUTOMOTIVE RELAY

because im going to be installing my own alarm shortly but the features are :

~ Mercedes Benz Flip Style Flip key Alarm System
~ Theft-Proof/Lock Closing/Robbery.
~ 125dB siren alarming.
~ Anti Theft Warning.
~ Adjustable shock sensor/Remote arming/ disarming
~ Silent arming Door trigger
~ Parking light flasher, Car-finder.
~ Remote door 4 Button lock/unlock
~ Auto unlock when ignition off.
~ Auto Lock When Driving
~ Warning Door Open When.


~ Central car lock automation.
~ x2 Romote Control with 2 blank Keys.
 

·
Top Secret T78
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
wow I would be really interested in this style! with those options, I'd even drive to jersey for an install ;)
 

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SupraGodTT said:
if were hooking up an alarm ourselves in a MKIV .. do we NEED the :

- 12VDC DUAL RELAY SOCKET
- 12VDC AUTOMOTIVE RELAY

because im going to be installing my own alarm shortly but the features are :
.

Why are you asking? what you NEED depends on your alam, and I don't have any idea what that is. I think you should make a new thread about the alarm you are going to install and see if anyone knows about it. I've only recomended this cheap one for people on a budget and am only willing to answer questions for this paticular alarm, since I have the instructions and wiring diagrams for it only. But typically you need a few extra relays when installing an alarm, but it all depends on the alarm.

Ishii
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top