Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my car: (sorry if the pix are too big)

1997 NA 5MT Hardtop 100K miles black on black

Oil Supply/Drain kit
T61 turbo
polished T4 manifold
46MM Ti-AL style wastegate
dump tube, modified
Intake tube & Cone filter
50MM Ti-AL BOV custom machined mounted on throttle body
polished 12x24x3" FMIC

JDM GTE motor, new timing belt and seals all around (stem, fms, rms, etc)
USDM cams
USDM 6 speed harness
720CC OEM style injectors
2x Walbro 255LPH HP pump
-8 lines to 2x -6 to stock rail that has been modified
AEM EMS W/IAT sensor, 5 Bar sensor
GM boost control solenoid valve
EGT sensor with $25 ebay AEM interface
HKS DLI
Innovate LC1 WB02 meter, displays on AEM 19-1
6 Speed V160, driveshaft, axles, secondary isolator & JDM 6 speed diff
RPS Carbon/Ceramic Clutch
RPS Pressure plate
Fidanza LW Flywheel

[I consider the Fuel and ignition parts (AEM, DLI, pumps, injectors) as optional for this turbo (T61), but I am going to be stepping up to a bigger one soon (gt45 clone)]

To come: NOS and water injection

I scanned the printout. I'll be getting the files from the shop once they remember to email them to me, then you can download the dynojet software and replay the runs. We did about 8 runs.... very good time. This was a conservative, no worries type of tune since the car is a daily driver.

Here are two pulls, overlaid:

444.80RWHP/382.90#ft on 93 octane at 17psi
555.75RWHP/460.59#ft on 110 octane at 25psi

I have video, but I need some guidance. The DVD cam made one huge file with several chapters (but all one file) is there a way to save just a chapter (a run) - because the file is too big to upload to youtube.

Flame AWAY!

·
Candy Monster
245 Posts
((6 Speed V160, driveshaft, axles, secondary isolator & JDM 6 speed diff))

nice setup but why changing the axle .... was it a 5 MT axle so it should be fine and what is a secondary isolator ?

thanx

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
looks good but it looks like that 61 is really laggy for what it is.. it looks like the same spool curve as a 67.

·
Boost Junkie
12,738 Posts
Nice numbers but it does look to be a bit laggy. I wonder if you have a boost leak?

Steve

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I agree, the 61 looks real laggy.. I'm suprised you used the AEM with the budget build. I wonder what a stock ecu would yeild with this kit. Congrats on the #'s :)

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
you really cant tell how laggy it is by looking at that chart unless you think peak numbers are where it finally starts making boost.
Do some boost plots to see

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice setup. Congrates on the #'s
That setup is pretty much what I plan to have in My S13 to replace the RB25. I plan on using my GT40 compressor and swaping the hotside for a T4 housing.
I also plan on running a Tech II system since the motor I am getting has a cut harness and no ECU. I was hoping for 500 whp around 20 psi but that my be asking too much. I also don't know what I am going to do about the tranny. 6 speeds are out of my price range.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
djskyy said:
for the price, nobody can touch it....good work! :bigthumb:

That is one hell of a deal

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
are you referring to the T70 ( ebay name ) as a T61 because of the size of the wheel?? or is this a totally different turbo?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
are you referring to the T70 ( ebay name ) as a T61 because of the size of the wheel??
exactly

·
Registered
374 Posts
300ft/lbs of torque by about 4000rpm doesn't sound like that bad a spool to me. Keep in mind guys these small turbos don't ramp up steeply to the big numbers like big turbos can which yeild those really steep torque plots. A really nicely tweaked 61mm setup will spool 300 ft/lbs by 3700rpm. Its about 300rpm that he can probably gain with some more aggresive tunning of the timing map on the AEM. Not sure who did the AEM tunning on his car but it could be lacking some optimization.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Not sure who did the AEM tunning on his car but it could be lacking some optimization.
I tuned the car. It's tuned conservatively. I could have tuned it a bit more on the lower side of the RPM band, but I spent more time on the high side. Another dyno session in the future with the Nitrous and Meth will allow me to spend more time worrying about spool. Besides, I'm not a Pro Tuner by any means.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
His O2 sensor is an Innovate LC-1. It comes with the wideband kit. If you plan to run the stock computer just keep the stock O2 sensor.

I think that was the question.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts