Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

If anyone needs a cheap alternative for overflow bottle that fits between the battery and the fender here you go.

Walk into you local Honda dealer and ask for a overflow bottle for a 2006 Civic, It should be able to be bought with the cap and all for less then $20.00. This thing fits like it was made for the space it sits in. PERFECT!!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
is anything holding it?... shit i might go buy one..my stock is just hanging there on zipties in the front sideways lol

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tbkonwso said:
is anything holding it?... shit i might go buy one..my stock is just hanging there on zipties in the front sideways lol

There is nothing holding it, it is tapered as it points to the rear of the car. I trimmed the battery tray a little bit and it fits snuggly between the battery and the wire harness on runnig along the fender. I have put a 100miles on the car and it has not moved at all.

Bob

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
copy that, getting ready for thunder hill and this was on the to do list. I'll be on my way to the honda dealer tomorrow.

Mike

Steve Theodore said:
Great timing Bob...I need something like this now! :)

·
OCC
897 Posts
ISIS said:
copy that, getting ready for thunder hill and this was on the to do list. I'll be on my way to the honda dealer tomorrow.

Mike
Type R overflow bottle :drool:

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
gay i just bought some used one for 20 bucks and it doesnt fit anywhere like I was lead to believe. Oh well imma go bother the Honda boys I guess! Thanks for the heads up!

Alex

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I just called and ordered mine from a local Honda dealer today. I'll publish the actual Honda part numbers after I pick it up (should be mid-week). :)

Steve T.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oops guess I should have posted the part#'s

19106-RNA-A00 JOINT, RESERVE TANK
19101-RNA-A01 TANK, RESERVE
19102-RNA-A00 CAP, RESERVE TANK
19103-RNA-A00 HOSE A, RESERVE TANK

These 4 parts are what you need.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I called back and re-confirmed with the actual part numbers you gave, and it was all exactly the same. This is a $10 solution folks (give or take a few bucks depending on your region). Thanks again to Bob for figuring this one out! :)

Steve T.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep; I posted $20.00 because some dealers are higher the others. The parts are dirt cheap and it only took me about 20 minutes to figure this one out. It helps that I have worked for Honda for 18 years now. GOD IM OLD :nervous:

Bob

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
can you post another pic of it? can't really tell the shape of the bottle in that pic...

TIA,
john

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry guys I had hand surgery on Monday so I cant take some pics just now. I am flying on percecets.

Bob <-- typing one handed

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok more pics of it guys...my hand is feeling better although I still cant feel most of my thumb :urowned:

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I took pics of the bare parts and part numbers for everyone...will get around to posting them soon! :)

It was $9.82 at my local Honda dealer, including tax, for everything.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts