Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While dumpster diving at my local U-Pullit yard, I noticed the PS res location on a N/A car would give me better access to the turbo side of the engine and also make room for a bigger intake pipe for the turbo.
$10 and a little messing around under my hood and it fits perfectly and bolts to the fender side where the air box or some such used to be. No bling, as it is plastic, but everything fit perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,727 Posts
yup, i did the same thing :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,727 Posts
i needed to move it to fit intercooler piping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's certainly one way to do it. What I never understood though is the need to pay any amount of money to do that. You can fit a 4" intake pipe with the factory reservoir in place in its stock location. Why the need to move it?
I found it's original location inconvenient for maintenance and general access. You may not be interested in this process, but i see no useful purpose in your reply. Slow day at the office?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
bftsupra said:
I found it's original location inconvenient for maintenance and general access. You may not be interested in this process, but i see no useful purpose in your reply. Slow day at the office?
I wasn't slandering you at all so at least do me the same respect. I was asking for clarification in someones reasoning to do so. That's all. How you chose to interpret it isn't my problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
anyone know how i can clean all the grit and dirt inside the reservoir?
I got one for my car, but its a little dirty.

Just thinking of pouring some gas inside or something to break up the dirt
 

·
Destroyer of Turbos
Joined
·
4,461 Posts
Trent said:
That's certainly one way to do it. What I never understood though is the need to pay any amount of money to do that. You can fit a 4" intake pipe with the factory reservoir in place in its stock location. Why the need to move it?
clean up the engine bay, make a more direct path to the turbo from afm or filter as im sure that nice S bend is all kinds of restrictive {shrug} theres probibly more but didnt you relocate yours when you went with the large ic pipes?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
MKIIINA said:
clean up the engine bay, make a more direct path to the turbo from afm or filter as im sure that nice S bend is all kinds of restrictive {shrug} theres probibly more but didnt you relocate yours when you went with the large ic pipes?
Nope never moved mine. I guess some manifolds that weren't designed as well as the RPS would require a bend in the intake pipe. Mine wasn't required. Straight 4" intake pipe right between the shock tower and P.S. reservoir. Not relocated or modified.
 

·
Car is being held ransom.
Joined
·
705 Posts
bftsupra said:
While dumpster diving at my local U-Pullit yard, I noticed the PS res location on a N/A car would give me better access to the turbo side of the engine and also make room for a bigger intake pipe for the turbo.
$10 and a little messing around under my hood and it fits perfectly and bolts to the fender side where the air box or some such used to be. No bling, as it is plastic, but everything fit perfectly.
So you relocated the PS reservoir to the bottom left of the engine bay. This is what you are saying right?
 

·
Destroyer of Turbos
Joined
·
4,461 Posts
Trent said:
Nope never moved mine. I guess some manifolds that weren't designed as well as the RPS would require a bend in the intake pipe. Mine wasn't required. Straight 4" intake pipe right between the shock tower and P.S. reservoir. Not relocated or modified.
yea cuz you know toyota really fucked that mani up :scratch: not everyone is running an aftermarket mani....
 

·
when this baby hits 88mph
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
Trent said:
I wasn't slandering you at all so at least do me the same respect. I was asking for clarification in someones reasoning to do so. That's all. How you chose to interpret it isn't my problem.
interpretation is always open on a forum. however, your tone is often condenscending and often taken as such.

as far as the p/s res- good job!
 

·
DFWSupras
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
Trent said:
Nope never moved mine. I guess some manifolds that weren't designed as well as the RPS would require a bend in the intake pipe. Mine wasn't required. Straight 4" intake pipe right between the shock tower and P.S. reservoir. Not relocated or modified.
no relocation but there was however a large part of the reservoir mounting bracket closest to the Turbo cut off to make room for the aftermarket stuff.
 

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Trent said:
Nope never moved mine. I guess some manifolds that weren't designed as well as the RPS would require a bend in the intake pipe. Mine wasn't required. Straight 4" intake pipe right between the shock tower and P.S. reservoir. Not relocated or modified.

RIGHT ON!!!!

One of the handfull of RPS header owners.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top