Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, my dad was telling me dont put back any stock turbos if they gave up easily lol :wtflol:

But i guess its time i start looking for one and planning on which to get. I Dont think i will be passing more than 400HP, lets say 500 to be sure. I will be using the SAFC2 just so i can have it working at stock boost or 10psi until money comes back along to help with bigger injectors etc.

Im looking at around 6-700$ U.S, Thats what i told my dad as they will be getting me it since im workin with them. :)

So heres the dealy-o

Looking for a single that i can get a decent spool for drifting, and if possible some decent top end. Possible for up to 140-150mph on a long run? theres no race track down here anymore, so it would be pointless for focusing on that more now. Drifting happens every 2 months and i'd like to go once in a while as its lots of fun :D

Ok lol, anything i may need to ask or info i need to know with a single? :bigthumb: Help would be greatly likely needy lol

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
GT35 non ball bearing. You can pick em up cheap. Even a GT30xx. You can go single for around $1000 keeping the stock fuel system.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
60-1

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Any GT series with Ball bearing will cost you at least $1100 new... than youll need the manifold, wastegate, & your intercooler/exhaust piping. To get a single setup for around $700 youll have to find a steal of a price on a used setup.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
For $700 youll have to STEAL stuff.

My single setup is costing me around 4 grand.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
4k? damn.. my 67 setup cost me like 2k.. and i overpayed on the manifold.. hell.. maybe 3k with intercooler, piping, and a 4" dp

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
GT4088, Chinaman, Tial44mm v-band, PowerFC, SupraStick, 550s, AFPR, Precision FMIC, DaveH LSD, Wideband, Gauges, etc... etc..

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
thats more then just the turbo kit though..

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
tissimo said:
thats more then just the turbo kit though..
honestly though, the looks of your set up werent there , the welds werent the nicest, and i thought you rebuilt the turbo.
Not knocking, but to do it right and reliable, you will be spending a decent chunk of change. I can see doing it for $2k-2500 if you really shop around and prob cut some corners

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Definately not worth cutting corners on a single kit cause any corner you cut you will end up having to fix later down the road wether you want to or not...

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I bought a new turbo.. yea Im not the best welder, but I do what I can, just lazy and havn't ground down the welds and got them coated (black chrome baby).. but i was thinking turbo kit(turbo, manifold, wg, dp, oil lines, intake).. not everything needed for the car... In that sence I have way more then 2k in my setup..

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well 6-700$ U.S i was saying for turbo aloneeeee lol.

I already have an intercooler, piping, and part of the fuel control lol.

I'd have to get manifold, wastegate, lines and a BOV.

I dont wanna cut any corners, i just want to get a decent turbo to have put down and start the setup before they change minds here lol.

·
CrESsIdA = PuSsY mAgNiT!
501 Posts
:bigthumb: my innovative t66 dual ballbearing turbo tial 44mm wastegate and china mani cost me only like 1600 hehehehe.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Im cheap so follow with caution. I got a $150 garrett T4 with new internals that came off a detroit diesel. China mani 220 shipped, 50mm wastegate with flanges 78 shipped. map sensor $80. Hoses and lines will cost roughly $140 including flanges. Injectors are in the works and all I need is time to put everything together.

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
GT4088, Chinaman, Tial44mm v-band, PowerFC, SupraStick, 550s, AFPR, Precision FMIC, DaveH LSD, Wideband, Gauges, etc... etc..
hahaha im right there with you, its almost the same setup :bigthumb:

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I think a 60-1 would be something your looking for.. I assume it would spool in the mid 3k range and would make decent power (500s with high boost, 400s on pump).. if i single my 2nd 1jz i will be going with a 60-1

·
Banned
280 Posts
1JZ_Cressida said:
well 6-700$ U.S i was saying for turbo aloneeeee lol.

I already have an intercooler, piping, and part of the fuel control lol.

I'd have to get manifold, wastegate, lines and a BOV.

I dont wanna cut any corners, i just want to get a decent turbo to have put down and start the setup before they change minds here lol.

for about 900$ you can get a GT4082.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts