Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I don't think they offer larger than 3.5" size, but for 3.5" and smaller, I haven't found any place that can touch the Grab Bag price offered by Stainless Works. A Grab Bag is a box of 10 bends of varying degrees. I've bought about 3 of them and IIRC the sharpest bend was about 80 degrees, so if you need anything sharper than that you'll need to order it special or build it out of what you get. You can usually buy one of these grab bags and a little straight tubing and build an entire exhaust system with some bends left left over because often you'll only use half of a piece for a given bend in the system you're fabricating. Example price: Ten (10) 3.5" 304 SS 3.5" bends are only $100.
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php?cPath=95_109_490

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
I don't think they offer larger than 3.5" size, but for 3.5" and smaller, I haven't found any place that can touch the Grab Bag price offered by Stainless Works. A Grab Bag is a box of 10 bends of varying degrees. I've bought about 3 of them and IIRC the sharpest bend was about 80 degrees, so if you need anything sharper than that you'll need to order it special or build it out of what you get. You can usually buy one of these grab bags and a little straight tubing and build an entire exhaust system with some bends left left over because often you'll only use half of a piece for a given bend in the system you're fabricating. Example price: Ten (10) 3.5" 304 SS 3.5" bends are only $100.
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php?cPath=95_109_490
Great value. Have you tried to polishing this stainless? Is the grab bag bends size thick enough to make a quality 3" downpipe? (.049 wall)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Great value. Have you tried to polishing this stainless? Is the grab bag bends size thick enough to make a quality 3" downpipe? (.049 wall)
Yes, I've mixed Stainless Works and Burns Stainless 304 SS in the same exhaust system and there is no difference. You can polish it, coat it, whatever. The only thing I've bought from Stainless Works is 16 ga. (.065). I don't recall if they sell thinner gauge or not, but I prefer 16 ga to work with and also the sound (thinner gauge can sound "tinny" on some engines IMO). Burns Stainless sells some sizes in 16, 18, and 20 gauge, but you'd better be a very good TIG welder to do a good job on 20 gauge. I built my WG dump tube out of 20 gauge and had a very tough time making good welds without burning through whenever the fit-up of the two pieces was anything less than perfectly matched (like they often are when you're piecing together a tight radius turn out of bends).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts