Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a t78 on stock maf. Is there any route other than stand alone, 1000 cc inj and twin walbros? How much hp is a vpc or map good for?

I have searched!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
VPC and MAP ECU can support anything a T78 can throw at it.

You need at least 720cc injectors and a dual pump setup (denso or walbro).

Fuel systems go for around $1700-$2200

·
Registered
560 Posts
I am kinda in the same boat. I have a t-78 with S AFC, VPC, and Profec B. However i am on stock fuel. I am prob going to get twin pumps to keep up the pressure until i can get the injectors and rail...(have a Fuel pressure Reg already, i suggest you get one too) . I think with twin pumps I should see just under 500whp reliably.

I think that if you just add injectors you should net about 550whp, however i don't know if the upgraded injectors on the stock fuel rail will fit an upgraded one. Would someone care to give some input cause i am wondering if i sould go for injectors aswell?

·
Something cool
670 Posts
They make bigger injectors to fit the stock fuel rail. I don't know how good they really work with stock lines, fuel rail, etc.

·
Registered
859 Posts
You can build a fuel system for considerably less than 1700-2200, even though that is the going price.

I can put together (IMO) the best products and a better setup than our sponsors sell for the same amount of money.

You could build a complete fuel system for apporx. 1200-1500 depending on where you purchase your parts and what products you use. This price is still using top of the line products.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
NSANITY said:
I can put together (IMO) the best products and a better setup than our sponsors sell for the same amount of money.
Careful! You're gonna get your ass banned for making such claims, sucka!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Suprasanity said:
Ya well......you know I live a life of controvercy :rolleyes:

Ok....here ya go................

This is an average cost items. Some can be substituted desired effect or budget.
There is still plenty of room left to play with.

Aeromotive Fuel filter 95.00
Aeromotive FPR 125.00
Injectors 4-500.00 (new or used)
Fuel rail 300.00
Fuel pump 90.00 or 50 for a moderately used pump

I'll cover the remainer needed items below.
Obviously, If you are on a budget you need to pick up some used items that will function just fine or save a little more money. You could easily knock off approx $100-200 on your overhead by purchasing the above items used from the forums or off of ebay from racers that have changed there setup.

12ft -10 fuel line 65.00
7-8ft - 8 fuel line 40.00
Yblock 40.00
Misc Fittings 300.00

Grand total = 1500'ish For TOP BRAND NAME PARTS (NEW)

Again, keep in mind there are ways to lower the cost, but I personally would not recommend it. "DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND DON'T HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!"
That is my modo............

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
859 Posts
You will have multiple choices in the way you build a fuel system and the parts used.
Do you want braided stainless or do you prefer push lock design? I have used both and both work very well.
Do you want to use a particular color or is the average blue/red combo ok?

It just depends on how much do you want to spend and how well you can strike a deal.

Which reminds me..........I have a few fuel items that I may toss up for sale.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i am ready for that 1200 fuel system right now!! What do you have for sale and what would you do for the rest of the parts. Pm me please. I will also be in chandler in like 1 week.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'll check the garage and find all the extras that I have lying in boxes. Again, if you want to hit that $1200 mark you are going to need to strike some deals for SLIGHTLY used parts. In fact, if you look in the forsale section right now, there are a few walbros for sale and a reasonable price. Also, don't be afraid to seach back through the for sale section .....even months back and pm individuals that may still have items for sale that never sold.

But I'll certainly help you as much as I can.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Suprasanity said:
Just for notable reasons.....The fuel kits that carry a 1700-2000 price tag usually gets you a -6 fuel line and you have to use your exitsting factory fuel line in most kits. The only way I advise is by using 1 dedicated fuel line large enough handle the job and use a y block to split the feeds to the rail. I was taught by one of the best in our community and there are reasons behind this method.

Last fuel system I built came in around 2k with nickle fittings (VERY NICE & EXPENSIVE) ..... all aeromotive, and XRP products. No cheap stuff!

Just FYI

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
^ Yeah, so don't be sifting through some of my shit trying to sell it off. . .I got my eye on you pal :rant2:

·
Registered
859 Posts
LOL!!!! :bigthumb:

BTW.....You need to call me asap!!!! I'm putting your shit together right now and I believe that you sold something that you needed...... :1poke: Way to go champ!

Actually I've already sold your Supra....my garage looks empty now! :bootyshak

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
NSANITY said:
LOL!!!! :bigthumb:

BTW.....You need to call me asap!!!! I'm putting your shit together right now and I believe that you sold something that you needed...... :1poke: Way to go champ!

Actually I've already sold your Supra....my garage looks empty now! :bootyshak
It's gonna be a lot emptier when I steal your alpine for having sold my renaissance. . .that's a fair trade :)

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
NSANITY said:
Just for notable reasons.....The fuel kits that carry a 1700-2000 price tag usually gets you a -6 fuel line and you have to use your exitsting factory fuel line in most kits. The only way I advise is by using 1 dedicated fuel line large enough handle the job and use a y block to split the feeds to the rail. I was taught by one of the best in our community and there are reasons behind this method.

Last fuel system I built came in around 2k with nickle fittings (VERY NICE & EXPENSIVE) ..... all aeromotive, and XRP products. No cheap stuff!

Just FYI
Please explain why 2 -6an lines wont work well? Using this method...I can piece a fuel system together for ~$1K....less using pushlock fittings. This is using ALL new components...just have to know where to look and what you are looking for.

Jason

·
Registered
148 Posts
the set-up i put on my car is -8 fron the tank to the rail and -6 return with all earls black fittings and braided line, there is not nylon hoses that hook the pumps together its all fittings and i didnt come even close to 2k i think everything said and done was around 1200 with twin walboro pumps. All the stuff was straight from summit.
James

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Again, guys, be careful. He acts the part, but this dude doesn't know shit about supras. Follow his advice and next thing you know your turbo'll be smokin on the dyno...

you know I got nuthin but luv for ya, Justin :bigthumb:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Suprasanity said:
Again, guys, be careful. He acts the part, but this dude doesn't know shit about supras. Follow his advice and next thing you know your turbo'll be smokin on the dyno...

you know I got nuthin but luv for ya, Justin :bigthumb:
This coming from a guy that I had to walk through taking off a serpatine belt!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! :wtflol:

And yet I'm building your Supra!........ :bigthumb:

Oh....and you owe my lunch on Wednesday for that last comment!

·
Registered
859 Posts
93-6-speed said:
the set-up i put on my car is -8 fron the tank to the rail and -6 return with all earls black fittings and braided line, there is not nylon hoses that hook the pumps together its all fittings and i didnt come even close to 2k i think everything said and done was around 1200 with twin walboro pumps. All the stuff was straight from summit.
James
First off, keep in mind that the 2k mark is for more than what you will purchase through JEGS, Summit or any speed shop. The individual wanted specific Black and Polished or stainless, color combinations. The Nickel fittings that were used are of the highest quality and happen to be the most expensive. Like I said before, it can be done for less money........Each individual has his or her standards.

I would like to see a detailed list of parts and prices for the above statement.

I would assume that you purchased some items used. I very well could be wrong and I will stand corrected, however 1200 with ALL NEW (Earls specifically) parts is simply not possible. In addition, Summit does not sell a rail for us, nor do they sell injector bosses.......I'll just stop there. I'm all about saving money, but never for cutting corners. With that said..............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts