Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. My car only has 19k miles on it looks like there is plenty of pad. I just made a high boost run and when I eased on my brakes I got a "!" and the red brake light on the gauge cluster lit up. Like when you have your e-brake on. This has happened before I just thought it was because the e-brake was not all the way down. It comes on for a period of a few seconds then turns off.

Any ideas why this light might come on??

Thanks
Greg

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peter,

I was just looking at it last night to see if it possibibly needed changing and it didn't appear low. I'll check the level...didn't even think about that ... doh!

Congrats! I heard of your new purchase.

White Christmas indeed!

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
It is one of two things.
1. low brake fluid (the level needs to be right at MAX, NOT in b/w max and min)
2. the parking brake is slightly coming up and causing the light to go on...
I think it's 1, are you sure the brake fluid is topped off?
Peter
p.s. what new purchase?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,

It was in fact #1. The max line is way high. Overlooked that.

Hmmmm, what would cause the fluid level to go down? No garage stains. I had to add about 2 oz.

Jeff mentioned that you just bought a white 98 low mileage SupraTT (bone stock). No? Said you found it local too.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Hey man, i knew that was it! :)
I bet is just wasn't topped off from the last time you had it serviced, that's all...
About the 98, shoot, i wish i had a low mileage 98, you know they only made 250 or so 98 6 speeds...

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
stoker6 said:
Hey,

Hmmmm, what would cause the fluid level to go down? No garage stains. I had to add about 2 oz.

It could be normal - low temperatures and while pads are geting used - getting thiner fluid is going down...

I hope you understand my perfect English:D :D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts