Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auto to 6spd tach install!!!

Well, everything was fine today until I got home and decided to take out the auto tach and put in the 6spd tach. I didn't notice it at first, but tonight when it got dark I noticed the hazard light and ENG light was on?
If you haven't guess, I went from auto to 6spd, and now in the back of the auto gauge clutster there is a pluge (middle plug) that doesn't plug into anything. This plug was used to light up the 2,1,D,N,R. I'm not sure if this would cause the hazard light to come on and also the check engine light...is there any way to make it go away?

I believe in "The Big Supra Video" Adrocktt had the same problem?

Maybe he can come in here and explain how to get it to go away?

Thanks guys

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll swing by there today!

M

·
0 Posts
That or read it yourself by the codes provided at MKIV.com. All you need is a wire an 2 minutes to do this.....

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOTE TO SELF - Follow up on thread.

Sorry, guys, I tested it myself the other day and it was the 02 sensor, well, I followed the wires around to where they plug into, and one of the wires had been cut. I just spliced it and the error code (engine light/hazard light) went off :)

Ryan

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Ryan G said:
NOTE TO SELF - Follow up on thread.

Sorry, guys, I tested it myself the other day and it was the 02 sensor, well, I followed the wires around to where they plug into, and one of the wires had been cut. I just spliced it and the error code (engine light/hazard light) went off :)

Ryan
Congrats.
Was your car running OK? I wonder?

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it wasn't running the best. At idle there was a lot of black smoke puffing out :kekegay: so obviously the car was idling pig rich!
It is running very well now.

Thanks Vick!

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Ryan G said:
No, it wasn't running the best. At idle there was a lot of black smoke puffing out :kekegay: so obviously the car was idling pig rich!
It is running very well now.

Thanks Vick!
That was what mine did until I replaced the O2 sensor. It was so rich, I could hardly drive it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts