Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any expereince with the check engine code 25 which is a lean fuel mixure. I have this damn 25 code on my supra but it wont go way. I thought it was my 02 censor but its not. I thought it had something to do with my fuel pump or fule fitler its not. Anyone had this lean mixure 25 check engine codeon their supras??? i think its my MAF. Any help me nice

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
If it makes you feel any better after removing my EGR system and polishing my valve covers and intake the last two days I have been throwing code for lean condition and misfire on all six cylinders. Generic codes for my reader are 0710/300/301/302/303/304/305. The car sat for six months over winter. Added fresh 93 octane, still code. Tomorrow new plugs will go in. Good luck, I know it is frustating. Mine throws code when I'm not even under boost like every 20 miles after I reset my ECU.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hands On said:
If it makes you feel any better after removing my EGR system and polishing my valve covers and intake the last two days I have been throwing code for lean condition and misfire on all six cylinders. Generic codes for my reader are 0710/300/301/302/303/304/305. The car sat for six months over winter. Added fresh 93 octane, still code. Tomorrow new plugs will go in. Good luck, I know it is frustating. Mine throws code when I'm not even under boost like every 20 miles after I reset my ECU.
Its very frustating. My supra does the same. It still drives fine i can feel a small misfire but its very tiny. I did a few touch ups change a few things put the car back to stock. Reset my ECU and still comes back on code 25 for running lean. I cahnge alot of things 02 senor etc.... My buddies think it might be my MAF . We will see.

anyone else have the check engine code 25 and fixed it????

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
What code reader do you use when you see "code 25" I'm trying to figure out if you have the same lean condition as me since I also code for cylinder misfires. Do you use a reader or the old school paper clip in the diag. port in the engine bay? I'm currently using a reader bought at my local auto parts store.
Thanks

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I got to thinking maybe you are OBD1 where I am OBD2, but in your sig pic you have all the makings of a '98 so ??? I still have the damn mil light. I just replaced my plugs and am going to move on to simple things first such as fuel filter. I wonder If I purchase a wideband I could see if my CPU is full of crap or not.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hands On said:
I got to thinking maybe you are OBD1 where I am OBD2, but in your sig pic you have all the makings of a '98 so ??? I still have the damn mil light. I just replaced my plugs and am going to move on to simple things first such as fuel filter. I wonder If I purchase a wideband I could see if my CPU is full of crap or not.
My supra is a 93 with all 98 upgrades. Ill let you know what i think it is if its my MAF or what It could be my injectors my supra does have 153,000 miles on it

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I am going to test the voltage output on my O2 today and possibly replace it this week. I have never installed a O2 fooler, so everytime I reset my ecu the engine light turns on for the O2 about the exact same time as it does now for the 25. Plus I haven't seen the O2 error code for no cats when the 25 shows. People have said that my car smells of gas and belts smoke during WOT leaving me to believe that my O2 has failed and my car is actually running rich since the ecu is trying to componsate for the lean condition. I always wondered why I got such shitty gas millage.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
i had it too but i have a wideband that sends a o2 signal to my ecu and i didnt have it wired corrrectly. i did replace my coolant temp sensor to try and fix it but that didnt work..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts