Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not so sure.. I need to check for codes.

my car seems to be acting quite funny lately.. driving is normal. everything seems smooth but when I reach 100 at full boost (10-13 psi) my egt climb very quickly to 800-900*C at #6 runner.. Ive already topped at 155 mph before and egts was at 8-850 but now Its climbing up faster at 100-110. I cant barely go that fast anymore.. also the vibrations start to kick in at 90+ its not sideways vibrations .. more of up and down. rapidly I dont know .. I think i need to check the cv joints or U joints on driveshaft. anyone experience that kind of thing before?

anyways when I tried to push 110-115 the egt was near close to 9 and check engine light came on. but didnt do anything. i immediately backed off then light turned off.

what do you think is possible cause of this?

W

·
0 Posts
well your egt's are rising faster because your running lean.. thats for sure... maybe because of them 440's.......

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like i said

it has never done that before...

I am thinking about ignition. it may be faulty.. since the other day when my coolant accidently spewed on the sparks/coil pack. I had to get new spark plugs. cleaned up the coilpack and wires.

i think my coil pack is going out. i checked all the ports on 1-6 all seems ok except the number 6 looks rusted with blue/greenish buildup so I sanded it down with best effort. and I think that is the problem. I have a friend who has a JDM coil pack and im going to swap that and see the results.

need to check my codes too!!! when done I will reply back here sooner! im lazy and its cold outside! lol

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,149 Posts
check what code was stored in the check engine light... I know when my O2 sensor was bad I got a check engine at highway speeds.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
I dont think its gonna be an O2 sensor code. When hes gettin all up on the car, im sure its in OPen loop by then and the ECu doesnt monitor the O2 sensor output... so if it was faulty at that point, it wouldnt give a shit...

were you just part throttling it to 100 or were you doing a run and WOT? if you WERE part throttling it, Zazzn might be right. If you were WOT and in Open loop, i might be right.

do you hvae another spare coil pack to swap in to test your theory?

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant even do a WOT. egt will climb up rapidly..

I was part throttling like "trying to increase the speed" by 1/2 and boosting at least 8 psi and under just to get me there faster but not even at WOT!!

I checked for the codes :
with the ignition turned off. I got

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
LOL!!!
Um yeah...so you have a 'couple' of codes...

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I checked the TRSM

it says

52= knock sensor
14= ignition cirucuit (ignitor/coils)
21=o2 sensor
24=intake air temp sensor
34=turbocharger pressure abnormal /maf
51=a/c switch or tps circuit ???

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
damn man... you know i was gonna be a smart ass and say:

If it only does it when you go over 100mph... try to not go 100mph and see if that cures it! oh, and if it starts making a sound like a midget pounding under the dash w/ a hammer... take away his hammer... [smart-ass comment truncated]
but, anywho,s ounds like fuel problems, is your fuel pump keeping up? is your resistor bypassed? what is your fuel pressure like?

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it only does it when you go over 100mph... try to not go 100mph and see if that cures it! oh, and if it starts making a sound like a midget pounding under the dash w/ a hammer... take away his hammer... [smart-ass comment truncated]

LOL.. no there wasnt any hammer like symtom happening..

nothing like that.. my fuel pressure is great. pump is still working damn good. I can high boost at lower speed.
just that 100 mph thing.. i cant break that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts