Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Quick Engine Diagnostic Help!
tried to drive my car today. last week it boosted fine even untuned. today it wouldnt hit any boost. it would just bog. did diagnostic test,

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FLASHED 5 TIMES PAUSED, FLASHED 5 TIMES AND PAUSED. KEPT DOING THIS. MY MANUAL IS TORN AND MISSING THE 2JZ GE PART. CAN ANYONE HELP ME. CAR IS GOING FOR TUNING TOMMOROW BUT IF I FIND A PROBLEM TODAY I OBVIOUSLY CANT SEND IT. THANKS

should i just unplug battery.

thanks

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
2JZ GE- code 55, knock sensor signal (rear side). No #2 knock sensor signal to ECM for 4 crank revolutions with engine speed between 1600 and 5200 rpms. Open or short in #2 knock sensor circuit. #2 knock sensor loose. Or bad ECM. Code is a fail safe problem that results in maximum timing retardation.

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know how stupid i am. it was unplugged. i plugged it back in and im good now. boost barely builds because my spark plugs are fouled as hell. all i have to do is change them and tune. ill be good. thanks

·
11,219 Posts
What's the rear knock sensoring doing unplugged, lol. Glad to see you got that shit solved. You made it just in time before tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts