Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed my check engine light keeps going on and off along with the red ! light...... what could be the cause of this? i recently put on the "thomascharm" intake system, using the accord piping... however i did this a week ago and the light didnt come on until now.... anyone know wassup?
 

·
I put up BS Flags
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Hey urmild did you put the breather on the back part of the engine and did you adapt the second vacuum hose up front toward the MAF? Also are you OBD1 or OBD2. I have a 93 so i am OBD 1 im not sure on the OBD 2 cars how it works but so far i havent heard of anyone having problems. Also try resetting your ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting it.

Later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have the breather on, umm theres 2 hoses? I only have one vacuum hose running from the engine to a nipple on the intake piping.... let me take a picture hold on
 

·
« f ï z z | ë »
Joined
·
761 Posts
that looks right to me... maybe you're low on fuids... have you checked the fluids?
 

·
I put up BS Flags
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
urmild,

I dont really know where the problem is man but my guess is that it is in the vaccuum hose that you have running to the front make sure you are getting the right amount of air flowing through it whether it be less or more. I know on my car i had to get a vaccuum adapter to get the hose connected to the pipe to fit with the hose connected to the block. If you do get one of these make sure you are getting enough air flow through it otherwise you might be throwing some codes causing your engine light to come on.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hey

My light came on too.. i got an oil change and it went away.. lol.. is that weird or does that sound about right
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my lazy ass finally diagnosed the engine and i got engine code #21...


"Main Heated Oxygen Sensor Signal"

so i'm guessing this means my o2 sensor has gone bad? how much does it cost to replace this part?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i feel a significant amount of power increase.... the car pulls alot harder...

i attached my liscence plate using little curtain hangers i bought at my local hardware store... i just hooked the plate to the chicken wire.... works pretty good... and stupid popo dont pull me over for not having my plate on..... but my new bomex bumper has holes pre-drilled for a front plate, so i guess thats all good :)

btw, you got a pretty clean car


back to my o2 sensor issue..... :(
 

·
wanna be elitist prick
Joined
·
106 Posts
urmild said:
yeah i feel a significant amount of power increase.... the car pulls alot harder...

i attached my liscence plate using little curtain hangers i bought at my local hardware store... i just hooked the plate to the chicken wire.... works pretty good... and stupid popo dont pull me over for not having my plate on..... but my new bomex bumper has holes pre-drilled for a front plate, so i guess thats all good :)

btw, you got a pretty clean car


back to my o2 sensor issue..... :(
yuo got a bomex front bumper comnig too :(
boy where yoo gettin all this $$$$??!!? Also, is your sideskirt, rear panel molded?
 

·
wanna be elitist prick
Joined
·
106 Posts
If I end up chosing the NA over the FD, I would liek to get a blitz kit, however, I hate the sideskirts. Does anyone have pcis of a supra w/ blitz front and rear and veilside side skirts? maybe i should start a thread.

also, when molding sides/rear do you have to repaint the whole car? and what would happend if your skirts/rear got damaged and you had to remove them and their molded?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lawn boy said:
If I end up chosing the NA over the FD, I would liek to get a blitz kit, however, I hate the sideskirts. Does anyone have pcis of a supra w/ blitz front and rear and veilside side skirts? maybe i should start a thread.

also, when molding sides/rear do you have to repaint the whole car? and what would happend if your skirts/rear got damaged and you had to remove them and their molded?
the blitz front is fugly :( yes you have to repaint the car when you mold shit.... and i guess if they got damaged your fucked... i have a crack on my right sideskirt....
 

·
road hazard
Joined
·
452 Posts
lawn boy said:
If I end up chosing the NA over the FD, I would liek to get a blitz kit, however, I hate the sideskirts. Does anyone have pcis of a supra w/ blitz front and rear and veilside side skirts? maybe i should start a thread.
i don't think that would look too good. the lines of the blitz kit don't exactly match the style of veilside. blitz is mostly boxy/straight edge while veilside is more curvy.
 

·
wanna be elitist prick
Joined
·
106 Posts
toysupra1 said:


i don't think that would look too good. the lines of the blitz kit don't exactly match the style of veilside. blitz is mostly boxy/straight edge while veilside is more curvy.
True, but I just love the Blitz rear valance, I love that box type thingy in it. The Blitz front bumper is nice, however it is not the nicest. I would LOVE a bomex front, but I can only find good deals on a full blitz or veilside kit. I guess I could lvie without the blitz rear valance and buy a veilside kitand put a diff. frotn bumper on it, because I'm deffinately not feelin' the veilside C1 front. Now the C2 is a different story :cool:

EDIT- woohoo, 400th post :D
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top