Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. i have a 89 turbo supra, and i did the NA to turbo swap. durin the process i thought you had to change the body harnes, so i cut the dam thing, buuut i found out later that i didnt, so i re conected them all back together and now i have no CHECK ENGINE light. i have been drivin around for half a year without it and i would realy like it back. do does anyone know which wire i should be lookin for to try and fix this problem? its got to be something behind the dash but its just like a big circut board and i dont have a clue where to start?
any ideas will be helpfull.
thanks
harry :fart:

·
Registered
375 Posts
well start by resetting the check engine light, just pull the IGN fuse under the hood, i think its a 15 amper, keep it out for 30 seconds or more, and if it comes back try and find a placve with the toyota diagnoses tool and find out what it is. some places charge 75 bux just for hooking up the tool to try and find a friend. when the timing lights is on the car may or may not cause (limp in mode) less power, reduced MPG so get on tha ball. any driving symptoms? lack of power gas mileage change anything?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have finaly got the car runnin 100% but even when the Key on not runnin the engine light doesnt come on. so i know i have screwed up the wireing somewhere. is their a nother alternitive?
harry

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
So u cut the harness, and wired it all back? :lol:

I'm sure with a multimeter you can find something that triggers the check engine light, unless it somehow changes in the circuit board (which it probably does). Are there ANY other problems with the car? Start there, or change out the guage cluster with a local's one or parts one (just for temp), cuz it could be a cluster problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts