Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
nice calipers... i foliotecked mine red also then had a vynal shop scan in the "supra" badge off the owners manual but i painted "supra" in black

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Good job man! Looking good! How long did it take you?

-Olivier

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments. This was the first time I have done this. It was that hard at all. Just very messy. I used the G2 Brake Caliper Paint Kit and Supra Stencils from MVPMotorSports. I started around 11:30am and had the car back on the ground by 9:00pm. About 4 hours of that time was letting the paint dry. After the caliper paint dried I spay painted the Supra with Silver paint. The only thing I couldnt finish that day was bleeding my brakes. I didnt have a second person to help me. I ended up bleeding one week later. The bleeding took about 1 hour.

If I had to do it again I would probably spray paint the calipers with HiTemp paint instead of using G2 Kit. I really dont like the texture that the brushing leaves. The G2 Paint is very thick. The surface texture spray paint leave is very smooth.

yellow97tt6spd -
nice calipers... i foliotecked mine red also then had a vynal shop scan in the "supra" badge off the owners manual but i painted "supra" in black
What is foliotecked ? Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Nice job! Do you have a pic of your car with the rims put on? Any other tips/tricks for people who are going to do this soon? (like me) What rotors are those, I'm in the market for rotors as well.

Oh and you may want to look at speedbleeders, they let you bleed your brakes by yourself.

Thanks

Enrique M.
97TT6spd BPU

·
Registered
229 Posts
TT BomB said:
Looks good!
What type of rotors are those?

Thanks
im wondering the same what type of rotors are those and whats the price

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
The G2 caliper paint system is the SHIT! i have it on both my cars. goes on great, and last a LONG time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again. The rotors I bought were from irotors.com. I paid $300.00 for the whole set of 4 rotors. And they were coated to prevent rust. They had a special at the time. They normally charge $50.00 to coat them I think. Cheap huh. Let see how long they last me , lol :D . I dont drive and brake hard so I hope they will last.

I did some research on irotors.com before I bought them. there were a few post here on the forums that mention them. From what I recall nobody had really bought them. There were a few negative comments like "they arent coated, they will rust", "they are cheap". My old brakes and rotors were grinding Metal to Metal. So anything was better then that. I figured I would take a chance with irotors.com. There service wasnt that great. I waiting two weeks for the rotors before I gave them a call to find out where they were. They said they had a mixup and they were sending them out ASAP. I got the rotors like 5 days later. All of the rotor has this rust like color already forming on them( they were not coated). The 2 front rotors had a different shape and design. And 1 of the rears had a section cut out of it. I think they do this for balancing the rotors. It also weight 1/2 lbs less than the other. I called them and complained. I sent them back and received a new set of rotors like 2 weeks later. This set was much better. Basically the service sucks. That was my experience. If the rotors last me then it might of been worth the hassle and time since they were on $300.00.

I'll have some pictures with tires soon. IMO my rims dont look that great. So dont expect nice wheel/brake shots, lol. If like you like my wheels or know of someone who might be interested in them, please let me know :rolleyes:

Here some 5 mega pixel shots of the 2nd set or rotors.
http://www.turbozilla.com/irotors

Heres some old picture of my car : http://www.turbozilla.com

·
Registered
103 Posts
looks good, far better than your driveway after you've splattered paint and brake fluid all over it!

next time put a drop sheet down!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts