Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This setup was just finished. I did about half the work and had my stereo shop do the rest. The box goes in place of the spare tire and has a fiberglass bottom so that it didn't have to be sealed to the trunk floor and so it is still removable. It accomodates two 10" subs and has room for the targa top. The sound is very good and hopefully I can upgrade the subs and amp sometime, but for now the box is exactly what I wanted.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Looks clean!

My setup is somewhat similiar, targa top still fits also :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I am pretty sure its a 4250D, I'd have to check. I made sure and got the enclosure done right thinking I could upgrade the subs and amp later. Thanks for the compliments though! I hope to get some Thunder6000's like I had in my millenia, but I'll have to wait on that and a new amp for later. This setup is mainly for show purposes anyway, as is my whole car, even though it's a daily driver and spends a lot of time in a gravel high school parking lot, hehe. I'd like to enter some local shows but I am always out of the loop and find out about them too late, oh well. The car is better in some ways than it was before it was rear ended, but the body damage will always be there. There are more pics at my cardomain page of it now and when it was rear ended, check them out.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I just noticed in both of the pictures posted on this thread, why do you guys bolt the subs on at an angle? Am I like the only one not cool here or something? :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, everybody is doing it, :). Anyway, it really doesn't take up as much space as it looks like it does and you can always just stick a board over the subs if you need storage space, haha.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
sagel - my setup is similiar to yours, meaning the shape around the subs, except there is about 1 inch gap between the subs and the cover around the curves allowing to fit a custom fitted grill if you need to lay something down back there without touching the subs. If you want pictures just IM me @ xxkirkayxx sometime, might be a cool idea for you if you are interested.

-Kirk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks great

Congrats with your set up.
Any ideas where one can get that moveable box?
Are there any that fit one 10" inch sub?
Please advise.

maguirre
97TT, 6spd

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice, would love to see about having the same done.
Perfect for keeping the strut brace and targa.

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
what size subs are those in both of those pics 10's or 12's...sagelwwa had to raise the trunk up a couple of inches to clear the hump for that sub but I don't want to diminish what little trunk we start with...just wondering how that setup is...

also that 4250D amp, is that comparable to an MTX 6500D amp?...I was going to get that one until MTX upgraded their line and now I'm not sure which amp they replaced it with. I'm going to power two 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs and put both to the left of the hump...

P.S. Nice setup on both of the boxes...

·
Big Member
570 Posts
supraman78 said:
what size subs are those in both of those pics 10's or 12's...sagelwwa had to raise the trunk up a couple of inches to clear the hump for that sub but I don't want to diminish what little trunk we start with...just wondering how that setup is...

also that 4250D amp, is that comparable to an MTX 6500D amp?...I was going to get that one until MTX upgraded their line and now I'm not sure which amp they replaced it with. I'm going to power two 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs and put both to the left of the hump...

P.S. Nice setup on both of the boxes...
thanks for the compliment. i have 2 10's in my box and with the hump for the spare tire it would be harder to get 2 12's in there. although i think brianb did that with 2 kicker 12l5's. as far as the amp i think the 6500d is bigger than the 4250d.
Ryan

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
thanks supraman1993...my two 10"s will be cutting it close if I went over the hump I think but I am just playing it safe by putting them both on the left side of the hump.
Do you know which new amp is comparable to the 6500D now?

·
Registered
691 Posts
i mounted a 12'" w6v2 to the front left of the hump and my floor angles from factory height in the back to about 2" above that in the front and looking back i could have made it slightly lower... i wouldnt recomend a larger sub magnet, though... that was a tighter fit...
over the holiday i got more work on my system done so completion should only be a few days away...
im hoping to show you guys up good... brian

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
nice install man, id love to hear it in person one day.

Brett

1 - 20 of 22 Posts