Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took me about 8-9 hours to do all this so far with hand tools. It was pretty easy and I had fun. It'll be in the body shop in about a month.:D

edit: found an old pic shot at a very similar angle...

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Looks better than 90% of the kits on cars on this forum :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
thats one of those new super light weight kits right? :sadance:

haha, what you got planned for it?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Zoom Zoom Zoom

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
The weight reduction is killer.

·
966 Posts
Ricer.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hung, don't be jealous of my custom invisible widebody kit. You know you want it! hahaha :ugh2:

Val, the rear bumper is easy to take off but takes a few more minutes compared to the front.

You need to remove both tail lights, the plastic covers inside the hatch facing the rear bumper and 1/4 panels. Once you remove the plastic covers facing the 1/4 panel you'll see 2 nuts(each side). There's one nut(each side) when you remove the tail lights. And one clip on the exhuast side. also, there's about 4 clips you need to take off on the bottom of the bumper. After that, just pull the bumper and it comes right off. It helps if you have a repair manual, just in case you can't find nuts/clips that needs to be taken off.

I have the full veilside kit including spoiler and hood going on the car. I plan on having two big nitrous bottles in the trunk along with tv screens and all that good stuff for the interior.:D :ugh2:

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,778 Posts
I dare you to drive it around your neighborhood a few times just like that and tell the police you are trying to save gas.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^
LOL
I should pretend be a mime and act like I'm opening the door after I park the car on the main street of my town.haha

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
T.L.W. said:
You are a brave man... GL putting it back together.. :)
Actually, all that stuff isn't bad at all. Just a little time searching screws/bolts your first time around.
And in my opinion, I'd rather remove the rear bumper rather than the front, since the front, side marker lights are such a pain in the ass to screw back in (well, the driver's side is).

Reinstalling the rear bumper can be a pain too though since the rear tail lights sit RIGHT ON the bumper ----> gotta be very careful mounting the bumper without tearing the paint with the tail light!.
And don't crank down too tightly on the side mounting nuts inside the hatch either, or it will pull on the plastic bumper and create visible high spots in that portion of the bumper once mounted.

Who's reassembling the car anyway? You or the shop?
Don't forget to mask off the sensitive edges of all those panels when mounting, or you'll be having shit repainted a second time:

1) front bumper ---> along where it meets the headlights.
2) rear bumper where it meets the tail lights.
3) Fenders, where the meet the top of the door/A-pillar corner. Also along where the meet the door.
4) Front bumper again, where it meets the fenders. Mask off a couple/few inches up the fenders with double layers of tape. Bumper studs scratch! ---> use an extra pair of hands/eyes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts