Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are the pics......i made the intake, front and rear strut tower bars. just thought some of you would enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!

yup the rear bar is a peice of .188x2x2 steel tube with some notching and holes. i used the "keep it simple" rule fot the rear since no one realy see's it! the realy helped stiffen things up.

i made the intake from aluminum mandrel bends. tig'd it all up, ground the welds flush, made some fittings, bead rolled the coupler ends, polished, bada bing! as easy as that! haha i took about two days in reality.

·
Registered
582 Posts
would you consider remaking the front strut bar? if so PM me how much.

charlie

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you!

i could make another one out of steel (not sst) for about $175 shipped. for sst it would be more like $250 shipped. the rear would only be about $75 shipped. if you want them in steel they will be powdercoated black.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha...i was going to make one this weekend to! i have the 5points from my 88 supra turbo and the seat brackets for the lower belts. i just cant figure out how to mount it without interfering with the rear seats

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just about a manth ago. i like it almost more than my monster mkiii! such a great car, not very fast...but cool none the less. i get compliments all of the time...here are some pics

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,757 Posts
DAVID SWEARINGEN said:
just about a manth ago. i like it almost more than my monster mkiii! such a great car, not very fast...but cool none the less. i get compliments all of the time...here are some pics

aww, she's almost my twin (without the black interior though) and yours looks so much better than mine, lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/TanyasMkII/******/2point8.jpg

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I got to check it out.

Very very nice. It is one of the cleanest 82-83s in the area by far. You usually see clean 84/85, but not 83.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks! i am buying the coilover front suspention from rob along with the fron 4 way adjustable struts and rear struts. i think they are kyb? anyhow it should be sweet!

does anyone know how to tell if the sway bars are stock? i am pretty shure that the front is aftermarket because my old 84 had a black bar and this one is silver. the car handles realy good now so it should be great when i add the new suspention.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,757 Posts
DAVID SWEARINGEN said:
does anyone know how to tell if the sway bars are stock? i am pretty shure that the front is aftermarket because my old 84 had a black bar and this one is silver. the car handles realy good now so it should be great when i add the new suspention.

Take pics of said bar. It could just be a polished/painted stock bar, so let's see it :)

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
measure the thickness of the bar, I believe the stock bar is 1"

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Very nice and very clean. I like that rear strut bar. I wonder if my amps and box would fit with that set up.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they should because it sits only 2.5 inches from the seat! thanks!

ok the sway bars are 1.129 in dia front and .75 rear! they are not stock...they must be the addco's. thats cool because i wanted to do the swaybars and that just saved me $350 by already having them! i thought that the car handled pretty well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts