Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i gott a code 12 from checking my codes. It says bad signal or rpm signal. My problems that i have are starter problems that have been going on for like 6 months. It starts when it wants to and has a clikcing sound coming from the passgenger side area. so when i try to start it just goes click click click anywere from 10secs to 5 minsometimes and hour and then it starts. code 12 says bad cps signal to ecu or bad starter signal. what else can my problem be. I have a high idle at around 1200 and comes down to normal when it wants to. I have a rod knock which i know has nothing to do with this but i thought id mention it anyway. can anyone point me to the right direction.

T/I/A

·
MySpace
110 Posts
I have the same problem. My car doesn't start anymore. It read a code 12 on mine too. I had a technician come out to look at it and run some tests. He observed that it might be a bad cam sensor or the igniter module could be bad. He is supposed to come out again to run some tests on the cam sensor and if thats okay then I need to replace my igniter module. I know how you feel man and it sucks not being able to drive these awesome cars. I just put a brand new turbo on my car and only got my car started once to test it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your sympathy, but my car runs like a champ. Also i never got a check engine light before, i just did a random test and pulled code 12. Funny how i never got a light on but i still have a code. Well im gonna get ready for my suspension install this week :rockon: so i guess im gonna fuck around and figure my shit out. PEACE HOMIE :bigthumb:

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
test the starter solenoid lead with a voltmeter while you turn the key on the ignition. If it reads a steady 12v then you have a problem with your starter or wire connection and you need to change it. Im willing to bet that your problem is there.

If it doesnt read steady then you probably have a bad relay.

·
" its not a Tuuurbo"
844 Posts
which in the panel is the starter relay? im having the same problems. my car was broken into and the system was yanked along with the s-afc and avcr i connected both but only the boost controller turns on. not sure if this is related to the car not starting problem.. where would the safc get power from.?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts