Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Even when the twins are ok, there may be a very small amount of oil residue in the intercooler pipes.....very small amount. But
if you can actually wipe up the oil out of the pipes then I'd say it's a turbo. I recently blew a stock twin, and I had a ton of oil in my pipes. I blew a seal very badly. I had oil leaking out of my filter and blowing out of my bov as well.

Are either of the turbos making the "death whine"?
Tony

· Registered
287 Posts
Blowing a turbo will have different results. My car smoked like crazy when my turbo blew. Some cars don't smoke. I wasn't able to get any boost and I had a ton of white smoke pouring out of my exhaust. White smoke usually isn't smoke, but it's coolant being burnt, but in my case, I believe the smoke was white because of the oil I was using.

Is your car boosting properly? I would take your car for a few hard runs and see if it boosts properly. Sometimes when a turbo starts to go, it may boost fine while the turbo isn't very hot, but after a few runs when it heats up, boost may drop to vacuum, and you will see/feel/hear problems. I'm assuming that this is because expansion from the heat causes things to loosen up. This was my first indication of my turbo on its last legs.

What color is the smoke?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.