Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at work told me that there is an adaptor to bolt a chevy 350 to my r154 in my mkIII supra. Is this true? Does anyone have any info on this?

·
Dissident
1,087 Posts
SelwynIII3 said:
A guy at work told me that there is an adaptor to bolt a chevy 350 to my r154 in my mkIII supra. Is this true? Does anyone have any info on this?
Yep, you can get one from Advanced Adapters or Castlemain Rod Shop.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
an SBC is cheaper and more reliable than the 7m...he may have a NA, as well. I've always wanted to put an SBC in something...I'm thinking more along the lines of a go-cart or something...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got a 7mgte in the machine shop right now. Jus dont have the money for it man. Jus want a substitute with some dependable power.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
werd. my buddy's bro used to have a chevy 350 in his mk3. sorta kinda fast. mid 14's i'd say. hehe...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im hoping for something a little faster than fourteens but i really jus want to get my car moving again. i jus know i found a nice 350 rebuild kit for 500 bucks and my dad happens to have a 350 layin right in his shop. so i figure ill rebuild it and find this adaptor plate and ill be able to drive my supra. im driving a 944 porsche right now and im sick of it. so very slow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh and i wanted to mention that this is a great site because i saw on another site where a guy mentioned this conversion and the people there were not very open minded. ya know to each his own. of course i would build my 7m if the parts were easier to find and cheaper. im on a walmart budget

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
yeah you haven't got shit yet because most of us aren't here right now. The Supra zealots'll have your balls nailed to the nearest inanimate object by morning...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah of course. i wish they would donate money or a better job and then i would have my 7m back.

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
SelwynIII3 said:
yeah of course. i wish they would donate money or a better job and then i would have my 7m back.
Just don't make the SBC permanent... :D

My engine cost $5500 including everything so I think it puts everyone else in perspective.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nah thas why i wanna keep my stock transmission in there so when i finally get all the money together for my 7m i wont have to go through so much shit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Been around for a while. This one doesnt have a supra tranny though. Has a 700R4 for the tranny.....

http://www.sdsefi.com/features/dec00supra.htm

I don't encourage it but whatever floats your boat........

I just believe sbc's belong in their original cars......

Not starting a flame war, just putting in my two cents...

Later
Brandon

·
Dissident
1,087 Posts
SelwynIII3 said:
well im hoping for something a little faster than fourteens but i really jus want to get my car moving again. i jus know i found a nice 350 rebuild kit for 500 bucks and my dad happens to have a 350 layin right in his shop. so i figure ill rebuild it and find this adaptor plate and ill be able to drive my supra. im driving a 944 porsche right now and im sick of it. so very slow
Advanced kit is ~$450 and Castlemain's is $700 AU. Might want to put that money towards a t56 and dump the R154.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
eh. leave the V8 swaps for the mullets....the 7M is a fine powerplant, just learn how to tune.....i'm still running a completely stock bottom end in my brown car.....its ALL tuning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well someone tell me where to find a rebuilt head and a crank kit for the 7m with a decent price

1 - 20 of 64 Posts