Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at work told me that there is an adaptor to bolt a chevy 350 to my r154 in my mkIII supra. Is this true? Does anyone have any info on this?

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
an SBC is cheaper and more reliable than the 7m...he may have a NA, as well. I've always wanted to put an SBC in something...I'm thinking more along the lines of a go-cart or something...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got a 7mgte in the machine shop right now. Jus dont have the money for it man. Jus want a substitute with some dependable power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im hoping for something a little faster than fourteens but i really jus want to get my car moving again. i jus know i found a nice 350 rebuild kit for 500 bucks and my dad happens to have a 350 layin right in his shop. so i figure ill rebuild it and find this adaptor plate and ill be able to drive my supra. im driving a 944 porsche right now and im sick of it. so very slow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh and i wanted to mention that this is a great site because i saw on another site where a guy mentioned this conversion and the people there were not very open minded. ya know to each his own. of course i would build my 7m if the parts were easier to find and cheaper. im on a walmart budget

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nah thas why i wanna keep my stock transmission in there so when i finally get all the money together for my 7m i wont have to go through so much shit

·
Dissident
1,087 Posts
SelwynIII3 said:
well im hoping for something a little faster than fourteens but i really jus want to get my car moving again. i jus know i found a nice 350 rebuild kit for 500 bucks and my dad happens to have a 350 layin right in his shop. so i figure ill rebuild it and find this adaptor plate and ill be able to drive my supra. im driving a 944 porsche right now and im sick of it. so very slow
Advanced kit is ~$450 and Castlemain's is $700 AU. Might want to put that money towards a t56 and dump the R154.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.