Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
www.chi2k6.com

Please email me to register for either or/both dyno and drag day events!!!!

CHI2K6 coming in 4 short weeks!!

August 10th - August 13th

Thursday 8/10/06
Chicago Cruise
We figure most will want to come in during the day so the cruise will be arranged for early afternoon to evening and I'll prepare a nice list of hotspots for dinner, clubs, etc..
Our usualy Thursday nights here consist of a local cruise and a pretty large car gathering in about 10 different locations, so there is something for everyone :) You can either hit up a great restaurant, car show, club, or the bed!

Friday
Drag Day 8/11/06
Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove WI

Great news!!!!! The track has been booked and we're ready to go.
$40 per Racer

if not racing

$10 per person to spectate (payable at gate)
Prepay funds to be sent paypal to

[email protected]

Gates open at 12:30pm and racing starts at 1pm and will be private until 5pm when it opens up to normal public Test and Tune. The track day will be a private event and I am extending the invitation to a few other car groups. so be prepared to see some exotics racing ;) There are a few potential big surprises as well to come, some attendees/cars racing ;)

Map info will be posted on www.chi2k6.com showing directions from the area hotels to Great Lakes. It's about 40-50 miles straight up north.

Saturday
Dyno Day and Dinner 8/12/06
Sponsored by Sound Performance

Please email me to secure your dyno spot IMMEDIATELY!!!
[email protected]

Dyno needs to be prepaid so please paypal funds to the following account to secure you spot

[email protected]

$50 for 3 pulls (choices of a power pull, 1/4 pull, and 0-60mph pull, or any combo)

$40 for 2 power pulls
We'll have some give aways for the following

Highest HP MKIV
Highest HP MKIII

Dinner will be held at Dave and Busters in Addison about 3 miles from SP. Look foward to have a great time hanging out, playing games, and eating as a community! Meals are very reasonably priced and we'll just be paying per person at the time of the dinner. Maybe I'll even have a Technical session with the infamous LARRY PREBIS of Sound Performance :bowdown:

Sunday
Elmhurst Toyota Sponsored Show & Shine 8/13/06
This is an all Toyota meet with Supra's having their own section.
Judging, prizes, etc...
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372941

Hotel information
Here are a few hotels that are good locations for this years meet.

Holiday Inn-Carol Stream (approx $79 per night for "CHI2K6 event")
150 S Gary Av
Carol Stream, IL 60188
(630) 665-3000

Ramada Inn (approx $85 per night)
780 North Ave
Glendale Heights, IL 60139
(630) 495-9511

If anyone has any questions in the meantime please feel free to contact myself or Nelson.

Sponsor packages will also be completed in the next week or so. Please email me at christhreadgill at ameritech.net for information on sponsoring information.

Thanks for everyone patience and we're working on making this a great event as it continues to grow.

Thanks
Chris

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I'll go, no supra though.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
94TTBPU said:
Maybe he is avoiding your calls Josh. After all..he is married still. Take a hint ***! :)

Ryan.............I'm sorry that I don't swing that way and refused to share a bed with you in TX, I don't know how you got your feelings hurt when I turned you down and I don't know why you insist on following me around making **** comments. Please understand that I think you're a nice guy but I just don't like cock like you do. I'm sure there must be plenty of nice boys for you in Kentucky :gaysex:

:hide:

no but really Chris call me back :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'll be there but probably on a Scwhinn....Hey we can still dyno it right?????
I'll take lots of pics and vids though......

Would love to see a race of Larry's supra vs. Chris's Lex..............(let the smack and bargaining begin.......................NOW)

G

·
Well guys Chris and I plan to take the chi town meet to the next level. We just need your support and as many cars as possible...

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Josh, I lost your number and your new work number comes up "unkown". Give me a ring later today!

I'm hoping that some of the interested sponsors can help offset the costs. Renting the track for 4 hours is NOT cheap.

I'll try to post this in the General forum so it gets more traffic, hopefully it won't be deleted for being a double post :)

Chris

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
perfect timing....I'll be back from my vacation....I should be able to make it out on Sat/Sun...

·
The Idiot with a Dream...
42 Posts
I'll just come to the Elmhurst Toyota meet since #1, I have work during the day.... #2, My MKIII Supra isn't in good condition to drag, drift, or go more than 100+ mile (not MPH, as in distance)....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Count me in!

If my car is ready I'm in all the way!! I'll need to contact Curt A. and see if I can get my car in at his event!

I'd love be next to Chris’s car at Curt’s event! Most of all, I’d love to get it on the drag strip! I’m confident the SP team will make it happen!!!

Its been a while since (20yrs) I've raced anything. I'm going to need some track time to get my nerves back. I'd feel safer if I had a roll cage but this is not going in unti the winter season.

Are there more safety requirements that I need to prepare for or must have to drag?

Paul

1 - 20 of 211 Posts