Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· DO WORK!!
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with the powers that be at GLD!!!

Randy is giving up a spot right by the fence alongside the track!!! So you can sit by your car and still see the races. I will try and be there early with the big SP trailer so you guys can know where to go! You will pay the regular admission and if you want to race you will pay that fee as well.

I am not promising that I will be there but I am going to do my best!

Show starts at 2pm!!!

We have decided to try something a bit differant this year as the race portion of the show has always been so so to say the least. We will be joining the import wars at Great lakes dragaway!!!

Racing goes like this:
Saturdays: Gates open at 3pm. Eliminations start at 7pm
Spectators: $20
Test and Tune: $40

Class info:
Super Street (400 series)Information:

* 1/4 mile: 15.00 seconds and higher
* $45 Entrance fee
* Payout
1. 1st: $200
2. 2nd: $100
3. 3rd: $50
* Single elimination bracket racing
* This class is usually filled with daily driven cars and where a lot of racers start out.

Super Mod (600 series)

* 1/4 mile: 13.00 - 14.99 seconds
* $45 Entrance fee
* Payout
1. 1st: $200
2. 2nd: $100
* This class is usually filled with modified street cars.

Super Quick (800 series)

* 1/4 mile: 12.99 seconds and lower
* $65 Entrance fee
* Payout
1. 1st: $350
2. 2nd: $150
* This class is filled with highly modified street and trailer cars.
* You must dial-in within 0.20 seconds of your qualifying time.

Pro-FWD (500 series)

* 1/4 mile: any
* $65 Entrance fee
* Payout
1. 1st: $350
2. 2nd: $150
* Heads up racing
* Open to ALL Front wheel drive import/sport compact vehicles and is limited to one power adder.

Pro-Outlaw

* 1/4 mile: any
* $65 Entrance fee
* Winner takes the pot.
* Heads up racing
* Open to any and all Import/Sport Compact door vehicles.

supra-ex-driver has been doing this with his supra for some time now and is getting good at it... so he will answer whatever questions you may have.

As far as the car show goes, I will have a section just for us... but if you would like to enter your car in their sanctioned show then be my guest!

There is all sorts of things going on at the track... there is plenty of food, music, vendors and cars to look at...

I will make up some designs for stickers that I will hand out to each car at the event.

I will update this post as i know more...

· Registered
1,872 Posts
you will have to get a lane with him for $500 or better to find out....

Just trying to get the fuel system fund going Reid!!!
That's the big thing that I think some people are going to dislike. No open racing. Have to be stuck in a certain class... have to pay HUGE money...

I wanted to run my car up there, but not for that price... of course I'm not going to be that fast, but still...

· Registered
1,899 Posts
you will have to get a lane with him for $500 or better to find out....

Just trying to get the fuel system fund going Reid!!!

haha i'm gonna guess 11.05 on pump. Reid you got a tune on c16? I'll be there. prob just do test and tune i have no idea what my car will run I know its faster than 12.99...

40 bux for test and tune isn't bad at all about average. But 65$ for union grove... I remember going there when i was a kid with my dad. He'd had a dragster back then man that place was a crap hole. Is it still that way or did they clean it up some?

· DO WORK!!
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know there is test and tune lanes as well... you can line up with anyone you would like... you do not have to Bracket race.

I am just giving you guys a chace to win some money.... if it were a closed track, you would be charged $30 to just run down the track... Might as well race someone while your at it!!!

The last closed track event we did cost us 2k and about 10 people showed up... Do the math.... WE LOST MONEY!

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Ohhh. Okay. Nevermind, sorry if my post came across rude.

$40 "test n tune"... run against who you want as many times as you want?

· DO WORK!!
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes there are test and tune lanes and you can set up a race with whoever you want... you just have to find out what lanes are staging for T&T

The idea is to have fun... its not always about winning... see what your car can do with other cars that are running similar times!!! its all about how good a driver you are if you can get your car to dial in a low et in that bracket you have a DAMN good chance of walking away with some cash!

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I just want to have fun. Maybe I'll see if my neighbor wants to come up with his Mustang. I know he's wanted to race me for a while haha

· Premium Member
7,718 Posts
lol you guys make me laugh. I've never been a street racer, but thanks for the motivation Tim!

No high boost tune yet (well, higher than 18psi) until I get the full fuel system in, probably over winter :/

I ran a 11.39 @ 122mph on my second run before getting kicked out for no cage. For the time being I'll be turning own the boost, probably shoot for an 11.60 so the techies aren't breathing down my neck.

Mike, you must be talking about....other Mike. Dammit too many Mikes!!

Reid

· Registered
104 Posts
As long as my Z is up and running by then I'll be there forsure! Gotta show my support for SP :)

I would love to try the bracket racing but I've NEVER taken the Z to the dragstrip so I have NO idea what it would do. Especially at the power level Im at now.

Hmmm... maybe I should have Chris at SP see what she can do! lol jk ;)

PS-Reid.... I may need to use those tires lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.