Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Slow MK3
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been willing to post this thread for past 2 months.

Last November at the lexus meet at the Busse woods, Couple of us were talking about Chi2k9 when it should be held and such.

What the group have come up with is or talked about was, Chi2k9 should be held sometime around June and or beginning of July or mid July , have couple of meets and big cruises and end the year with Elmhurst Show.

We also have HIN on July 11 at Soldier Field in Chicago. So it be very nice to start the year off with the Chi2k9 in June and have a lot of the videos made and be presented at the HIN.

I was thinking the week of 22nd of June.

some ideas
- chicago indoor racing.........

Thats all i got so far.

I think everyone should start throwing some ideas in! Summer is around the corner! its sooner than people think! !

Not sure who is going to be in charge of this. I vote for Mr.GODSPPD and the Senior members of Chi Culture!

Start posting in your ideas and thoughts!

Tonight Plans !!!!

I just got off the phone with Tim from Sound Performance and we will continue to meet at Brickhouse at 7pm then we will start our first 'mini' cruise to Sound Performance to hang out and talk about CHI2K9!!! Looking forward to see everyone participate on tonites agenda because this will involve all of you and the level of fun for the summer of 2009.

If you have any ?s or concerns please pm me or contact me via email at [email protected] or my cell phone

So I will see u guys tonite at BRICKHOUSE then SOUND PERFORMANCE!

Weather is almost 60, so it will be a nice little cruise

See u all at 7pm

You can choose to bring food or drinks!

·
CHII Racing Culture
1,147 Posts
It's cool, I will talk to sp and Allen arrange something. Godspeed sucks! he can't even show up to his own meets on time. (that's all i got on him lol) naw fonz, i'll get with allen and chris and we'll get something together. I'm just still in shock that nelson won't be calling me this year to remind me of the events. I'll let you guys know. Just hang tight

-Justin

·
Bugger
1,662 Posts
some ideas
- chicago indoor racing.........

Not sure who is going to be in charge of this. I vote for Mr.GODSPPD and the Senior members of Chi Culture!

how about a Hot wing eating contest???? :69:
or
if hot wings are too harsh for people's stomachs then a hot dog eating contest.
or
Burnout contest
(trophies for all of those of course)

P.S. I am pretty sure the guys at SP were going to take care of the planning this year. I could be wrong though.

·
Slow MK3
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For sure justin, i knew only nelson was the person who was in charge of it every year and i m hoping this year is going to be a blast and want to celebrate with nelson in our memories and in our hearts.
Justin, find out and let us know of who's going to be in charge of this, i would like to help out and throw some ideas for this year.

·
CHII Racing Culture
259 Posts
I think chris should run chi2k9 we need someone organized and a different approach this year. Exspiecially in memory nelson. Sp needs a member to help set this up they have enough on thier plate. This year should be a great one.

·
Bad boys, bad boys
290 Posts
I think it's great to see some people really stepping up for this year to continue Nelson's legacy.

Granted, I don't think anybody can manage to do what Nelson did single-handedly throughout the past,
However:
I really believe this year should be based around paying our last respects to our late friend.

I have zero doubt in my mind that this years event will be bigger than ever,
But I do truly believe we all need to put our ideas together to help contribute in what Nelson had a passion for doing.

Regardless, Whoever is dubbed "Mr. Organizer".......Do PM me.
I may be a couple of hours away, but you better believe I'm 100% focused on making this a memorable one.

Jeff

·
Slow MK3
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as always, chi2k's should fall on whatever weekend the Elmhurst Toyota show's on. whoever's planning should have alot ALOT of communication with the community.
I think we shouldn't do it on the weekend of the Elmhurst show, by then a lot people have left to college like they did last year, it's better to start it off in June, or July when we got people around that can make it. Remember, SP open house, we had more people come cause it was in June or July than SP dyno day, that was in the week of Elmhurst Show.

I want everyone in the Midwest and the country to come out this year, GO BIG OR GO HOME.

I m getting my panties ready already!!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I think we shouldn't do it on the weekend of the Elmhurst show, by then a lot people have left to college like they did last year, it's better to start it off in June, or July when we got people around that can make it. Remember, SP open house, we had more people come cause it was in June or July than SP dyno day, that was in the week of Elmhurst Show.

I want everyone in the Midwest and the country to come out this year, GO BIG OR GO HOME.

I m getting my panties ready already!!
why break tradition?

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
My thoughts for CHI2K9

First of all, i'd like to thank some of you guys for voting me to lead/organize for CHI2K9, it would be a great honor if i could.

I'd love to lead CHI2K9, but i would need the help from my members, and im not talking about my senior show/track members that i mentioned in my thread earlier. People like Xavier (xtoefield), Adrian (coppershot), Fonz, Mr Clean, etc are very well some of my main contributors of the group & i believe we can all help benefit from these figures.

If i was appointed leader for CHI2K9, i already have an idea of what roles some of my members can take on and not only leave it to one person, i would be able to guide and lead and set up the events but i would be way to busy getting everything going which is where my fellow members would play a huge role in this situation (obviously the willing).

In addition, I can help contribute networking with all other supra senior members all over the midwest and not just the chicagoland area.

AND, not only will i bring supra members together, but i will bring ALL cars from domestic, european, to import cars so we can enjoy our track and cruise nites together with ALL types of cars.

I have a huge network with performance shops, car clubs, car enthusiasts, etc that i would LOVE to expose into our setting of CHI2K9 if the opportunity was given to me.

And don't forget... i can design and produce some pretty bad ass tshirts for CHI2K9 :)

as well as entertainment that deals with girls, music, & promotions

Let me know what you guys think!

Nevertheless, we will make CHI2K9 BIGGER, AND BETTER THAN EVER!! Can't wait!!

Thanks for reading what i gotta say,

Chris

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Chris, that would be awesome. You just better not be late to it if you're appointed leader

:hide:

·
Anime Dork
5,253 Posts
It's cool, I will talk to sp and Allen arrange something. Godspeed sucks! he can't even show up to his own meets on time. (that's all i got on him lol) naw fonz, i'll get with allen and chris and we'll get something together. I'm just still in shock that nelson won't be calling me this year to remind me of the events. I'll let you guys know. Just hang tight

-Justin
whenever we really all wanna sit down and talk about the planning i'm down for anything. i wanna help make CHI2K9 one of the best meets out there. Especially i wanna do something in the memory of our friend nelson. so i think we all need to get together soon and decide what we really wanna do cuz i the sooner we get things rolling the more time we'll have to plan things out.

·
Bad boys, bad boys
290 Posts
*sigh*.

Well. I see the ball is already rolling here...Which is great..

But, Between all the phone calls and PM's between Nelson and I after Chi2k8,
I felt really motivated & enthused to help him with 2k9 this year...
Obviously, Since his unfortunate passing, I personally, really feel obligated to help make this meet something special.

Again, I'm glad to see us making the next forward step towards organizing this,
But I hope we can gather a group of individuals that are motivated, trust-worthy and willing to really set it off this year for our late friend.

My fair two cents for what it's worth...
As much as I agree with the convenience of having it in July (for sake of school-goers), I'd really hate to see tradition broken of the Elmhurst Show'N'Shine.
An amazing environment, Variety of "Toyota family" love, and a great chance to relax and show off our cars for the world to see. :)

Best regards,
Jeff

·
CHII Racing Culture
1,147 Posts
whenever we really all wanna sit down and talk about the planning i'm down for anything. i wanna help make CHI2K9 one of the best meets out there. Especially i wanna do something in the memory of our friend nelson. so i think we all need to get together soon and decide what we really wanna do cuz i the sooner we get things rolling the more time we'll have to plan things out.
yes, true. Me, you, Chris and whoever. we should sit down talk about whats gonna happen. I would like to get a bunch of inputs from every member on here. I'm gonna go to SP later today and I'll talk to the guys over there and see if we can have a big sit down one evening.

I feel that personally I would like to take part in being one of the organizers for these events to come. I feel as if I want to do it....for Nelson. If anyone objects please let me know. Otherwise I'm gonna team up with Chris, Allen, Fonz, Xavier, Adrian etc. We'll get the ball rolling and make the Chicago meets one of the biggest in the country.

I will let everyone know asap, on what's going on. like i said earlier it's just kinda hard not scrolling down on the phone to call Nelson for help.

-Justin

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i have no backround with the previous Chi2K events, but from an affected "college goer", if you want more of a turnout, i'd go and do it in in june. last year i made it out only to observe for a couple hours of the dyno day for that reason. i'd really like to make alot of events this year. school or no school, i'll be attending Chi2K9.

I never knew Nelson, but seems like he had very large shoes to fill. if anyone needs help with anything, let me know. i may not be able to do much, but i'll do what i can.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts