Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have alot of Supra owners as members (as well as MR-2, SC300, NSX, S2000, RX-7, 3000GT VR-4, GSX, EVO, and WRX/STi members to name a few, but sorry no FWD cars even 3000GT SL's) and would enjoy meeting more GT owners in the area.

Starting with this Saturday (04/16/05), we meet every Saturday (when the weather is good) between 4:30PM - until whenevers in the near northern suburbs (847). There is a mini-show and a cruise/tour--we try to mix things up by doing more than just standing around :)

Meeting by 4:30PM is key so we can get parking by one another. Food/Cuisine is very similar to Portillo's. Join us at JGTCA.com for more specific details on the meet!

Last season we started a tradition of going for a spirited but safe tour through some of the more/most? interesting roads in Chicagoland. We will cruise out as a group PRIOR to nightfall as the police activity along our route intensifies after dark!

lateRZ

JGTCA.COM Helping to connect Japanese GT drivers. All RWD and AWD Japanese Grand Touring (sportscar) vehicles welcome!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
You guys need to make some (630) area meets available too. Just give me about 3 more weeks and I'll be ready to meet with you guys.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
im sure ill be out plenty of times as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
me too. Dennis and I will be at Maui's place first, then maybe roll over to the JGTCA meet

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
MacksTT said:
me too. Dennis and I will be at Maui's place first, then maybe roll over to the JGTCA meet

I think it's on separate days...Saturday(16th) is the JGTCA meet and Sunday(17th) is the shop meet...which one you wanna go to? or both? :dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is this for Japanese cars only or can other RWD cars join in? :D

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
give me about .. oohhhh 1 month ;-)

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
O-Ace:

You're welcome to come out and visit, but please don't park in the midst of the Japanese GT cars (thus the point of JGTCA :) :).... there are alot of other classic Domestics around too so its not like you won't fit in... but otherwise...

Why focus on only Japanese GT's at the meets you may ask?

So if your FWD/Domestic/Eurocar friend wonders, hey why can't I park my FWD/Domestic/Eurocar up in the middle of those GTs and be in the GT pictures?

Short and sweet: There's not much point to having a group if you can't really define it, now is there? :)

It's pretty funny when "Car Group A" has a meet and calls it a "Car Group A" meet but cars from other groups like Group B, C, and anything else on wheels show up.... is it really a "Car Group A" meet anymore? Or is it a "Generic Car Meet"? (If that's all you want, then visit ChicagoVelocity and MWIR. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for and probably some things you aren't, but as to whether what you find is good or not, I haven't a clue :)

The main point is, if you lose the focus/identity of the group then you aren't really having that group's meet, you're having a generic car gathering (not too unlike any busy store's parking lot filled with a random mish mosh of cars) or you're just having a bunch of friends meet up. Now there's nothing wrong with hanging out with friends at any time... but during our meets, we try to keep focused because our group is sooo new. There is no need to water our group down and have it lose purpose before we're clearly established. We hold JGTCA meets, not "Hey look there's a bunch of import d00ds over there" meets.

We're not snubbing anyone, we're just trying to maintain focus. If you want generic there are plenty of "generic car groups" out there, this is not one of them :)

lateRZ

·
Registered
191 Posts
dnsyang said:
I think it's on separate days...Saturday(16th) is the JGTCA meet and Sunday(17th) is the shop meet...which one you wanna go to? or both? :dunno:
shiot, thought they were on the same date. Call me this weekend and we'll decide dood!!

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cargasmic:

Actually there will be no more meets at that location by Woodfield because of some pretty heinous events that happened there the night of 10/07/04... if you show there prepared to be harassed by Schaumburg PD, the business owners have said NO NO to meets there.

Tis a shame but knuckleheads can do that...

Our meets are at another location in (847). Go over to JGTCA.com for details.

Thanks & lateRZ

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good to see that it's going again. I'm sure I'll be joining for a few events. But I'll be joining a bit late.

~Asim

1 - 20 of 110 Posts