Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a "Curt Aigner" for Lexus parts? In case you've been living under a rock, I'm looking for someone (or some dealer) who gives excellent service and the lowest prices on new Lexus OEM parts. Preferably in the Chicagoland area, but willing to travel. I need a windshield for a SC300.

-Brian.

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Brian, you are in luck ;) Curt has somewhat of a twin at McGrath lexus in Westmont, IL. Call there and ask for "Jeff" and tell him you know Curt, and are aware of the supra discount he gives. Just ask what "your" price is on the parts and you should be ok.

Chris

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
If you don't need genuine Toyota/Lexus glass...

...as Toyota/Lexus doesn't make their own glass anyhow...

...and you're in Chicago proper, I highly recommend you visit Majestic Auto Glass.

Majestic Auto Glass
1347 S Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60608
(312) 455-8343

Angel/Joe (partners) are really good and have excellent prices, I'm talking somewhere on the order of at least 50% off what the dealer will charge.

I've used them on numerous occasions and have recently had them install a windshield for another undisclosed project car. I believe with everything out the door it was $150 *installed* while you wait. If you plan it, you can be in and out in 45minutes man.

Call them for a quote. I bet they fade even the "hookup" price at the Lex dealer.

lateRZ

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chris, Curt, and PhylpSide.

Curt, have a good vacation.

Chris, read about your dyno numbers (I think it was yours) at TX2k5. Congratulations. Also, sent you a PM regarding another matter.

PhylpSide, as stupid as it may be, I want to stick with the factory glass, even if it's made by someone else, stamped with the Toyota emblem, and sold for $200 more. I went with a PPG glass on my Supra and there is some weird distortion on the lower horizontal plane. It drives me crazy enough to head over to Elmhurst later this summer to get it replaced with a Toyota windshield. I'll check them out though - thanks for the tip.

Thanks again everyone.
-Brian.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PhlypSide said:
...as Toyota/Lexus doesn't make their own glass anyhow...

...and you're in Chicago proper, I highly recommend you visit Majestic Auto Glass.

Majestic Auto Glass
1347 S Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60608
(312) 455-8343

Angel/Joe (partners) are really good and have excellent prices, I'm talking somewhere on the order of at least 50% off what the dealer will charge.

I've used them on numerous occasions and have recently had them install a windshield for another undisclosed project car. I believe with everything out the door it was $150 *installed* while you wait. If you plan it, you can be in and out in 45minutes man.

Call them for a quote. I bet they fade even the "hookup" price at the Lex dealer.

lateRZ
Ty,

Thanks for the recommendation. I spoke with Jack of McGrath Lexus and the price for OEM factory glass is $670! Even with the discount, that would be more than 3 times what Majestic Auto Glass quotes for PPG glass.

So despite my reservations about going with parts that are not OEM, I can't justify spending that much more for factory glass. I'm just hoping that PPG glass is comparable to the OEM glass. I'm still going to change out the moldings and hardware with the OEM Lexus parts from McGrath though.

Thanks everyone for your help.
-Brian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts