Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Dreamer
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is looking to buy a car... it's gonna be his first car. His budget is $10k. He is looking for a good, sporty daily driver. No old cars, no sports cars, no 2 passenger cars. He needs a car with reasonable space and good reliability.

Here are some cars he's considering.

-Golf GTI
-Jetta
-Celica GT
-240SX
-Impreza 2.5 RS if he can find one in his price range...
-Integra

What do you guys think would be a good choice? Please don't recommend cars like MR-2, Camaro, S13 with SR20, or something along those lines... Remember that this is going to be his first car! He really loves Golf and Jetta but I told him to stay away from those since those don't seem to have good reliability. How reliable are Volkswagons?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
take the 240 off your list. it only has "backseats" for insurance purposes. seriously, i dont even think a baby seat would fit back there.

maybe a previous gen 2.5RS.
camry coupe
mx6
corolla

sounds like hes stuck on VW though. is he straight? :gaysex:

·
Dreamer
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
casper: How reliable is A4? I have heard mixed opnion about Audis...

ansky: haha. Yeah. He's straight. :D He just happens to like the design of those cars. :p I'm gonna double check and make sure he's straight, though. lol. :lol:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
my friend got a impreza 2.5 rs for like 11k, it is sweet.

although if he's going DD i'd say he try and find a 240 that hasn't been drifted and pocket the 7k...

·
Heja BvB
240 Posts
Impreza 2.5 RS is my clear favorite...love WRC heritage plus it's kinda rare to see one in good shape. My boy did just hook up with a 96 Golf GTI [VR6] and it's a fun ride. That VR6 is one of my favorite n/a motors around and sounds wicked with intake/exhaust over 4k rpms.

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
Rookie84 said:
-Golf GTI
-Jetta
there are only two kinds of people in this world that drive volkswagens. women, and men who wish they were women.

-Celica GT
solid car but it's wrong wheel drive and leaves something to be desired.

15,000 buys a very nice low mileage 1998 240SX SE, decent power (155 bhp), rwd, fun to drive. just remember that the newer the 240SX the better because old KA24Es and KA24DEs can be a pain in the ass to work on and aren't the most reliable, and most of the older 240SXs have been beaten up.

even better than the 240.

:freak:

·
Registered
3 Posts
aNskY said:
take the 240 off your list. it only has "backseats" for insurance purposes. seriously, i dont even think a baby seat would fit back there.
:
I have a 89 240sx and Ive fit 4 people in my backseat comfortibily? probably not but they got back there somehow

Also I still get about 23 mpg city and hwy and have around 160k miles with really good compression so there are still some good 240s out there

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Ahh too bad, (no 2 seater), cause I have a 1990 300zx TT for sale. $10k

Rookie84 said:
My friend is looking to buy a car... it's gonna be his first car. His budget is $10k. He is looking for a good, sporty daily driver. No old cars, no sports cars, no 2 passenger cars. He needs a car with reasonable space and good reliability.

Here are some cars he's considering.

-Golf GTI
-Jetta
-Celica GT
-240SX
-Integra

What do you guys think would be a good choice? Please don't recommend cars like MR-2, Camaro, S13 with SR20, or something along those lines... Remember that this is going to be his first car! He really loves Golf and Jetta but I told him to stay away from those since those don't seem to have good reliability. How reliable are Volkswagons?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Infiniti G20 would be perfect. He could pick up a nice 99 or 00 for $10K.

I just got an 02 and it is one awesome daily driver. It gets good gas milage and its rediculously reliable. The SR20 motor has been around forever so parts are cheap and easy to find.

Be sure to hold out for a 5-speed. It feels like a whole different car than the auto.

http://www.g20.net/

·
Dreamer
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
G20... I almost forgot about that car. There is one in my area that just fits the price range. I guess I'll tell my friend to check it out. :) Keep the suggestions comming!

I think it's better if my friend stayed away from Audi's since he won't have enough money for repairs if anything breaks since Audi's are expensive to fix ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts