Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get information about turbos?
I'm mainly looking for the "better" allaround turbo; I know there really is no 'better' turbo, it all depends what you want, spool speed, top end, etc. But is there some website (or maybe someone could make me a list :-D hehe) with a listing of turbos and their fortes/strong points?

H

·
0 Posts
Go with an SP63 or if you want bigger a SP66. Most people with the 63 are completely satisfied. Will easily put you in the low 10s or 9s on spray. I hear it has awesome spool with very little lag and pulls very hard but also very consistent powerband. Check out www.sound-performance.com for more info.

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the chart posted above, the highest achieved is 563rwhp, and then it says it should allow up to 710rwhp, mathematically that is. I guess you have to tune it perfectly. *shrug* Track times I would guess in the low 10's, high 9's with a shot of laughing gas. All depends on the driver, too, though, I would imagine.

richard

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Get the biggest thing you can fit under the hood. :D Otherwise, you'll be shopping for a larger turbo before you get the first one paid for. ;)

Steve - T-64 -> SP74

F

·
0 Posts
2JZGTE4LIFE said:
Does anyone know where I can get information about turbos?
I'm mainly looking for the "better" allaround turbo; I know there really is no 'better' turbo, it all depends what you want, spool speed, top end, etc. But is there some website (or maybe someone could make me a list :-D hehe) with a listing of turbos and their fortes/strong points?
Many have said to go with a smaller turbo, best thing is to do, is ride with someone with diff. size turbo's, I"ve rode in a T66 and a T88.

Fefe Bag
What lag in the t88? Best bang for the bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts