Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen in old threads awhile back where CHP set up smog dyno on the streets in the SoCal area, but I've never thought it'll ever come to the Modesto area.

Today(5/23/06) at around noon, I was coming home from school...I took hwy 99 and exit the Tuolumne Blvd exit to get home and I see a bunch of orange cones set up on Tuolumne Blvd. I thought it was road contruction, but I looked closer and I see the ramps laying on the street. I just continued on to my house (which is a block away) and it just popped into my mind that it might be a portable dyno set up by CHP. So, I bust a U-turn and went back to take a look at it...and IT WAS A SMOG DYNO. They haven't started busting people yet, but I'm not sure whether they're aiming for the tuner crowd, beater cars, or both! I pulled out my camera phone and started taking some snap shots and then pulled to the side of the road and got more pictures.

Anyways, I thought I'd give the local supra guys a heads up on this...

You guys know if there's a way to get out of this if you get flagged down to go on the dyno? Any legal issues behind this, etc? I'm sure it ll be beneficial for other members of the forum to know about this.

-Jackson

Pics:

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
Where is everybody. Dyno station and no cops. I have seen these along the beach in the san diego area. Alot of people cruise the beach so its easy pickens

·
AZ RuleZ!!!!!
808 Posts
They have nothing else better to do!!!! I'm soo glad I don't live in Cali, that is seriously unreal...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took these pics at noon, that area gets crowded at about 3pm-6pm because the main highway is right around the corner and the high school and businesses is less than a mile away.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
What annoys me and I wish we could start some kind of movement is how these stupid pigs interupt your day/night with this crap. I see it all the time down here and the traffic just BUILDSSS up and you sit there forever. Who the heck are they to waste your time with this crap. I dont remember signing any papers or reading it when I got my license they have the right to do this. Even if they do it still should be stopped!

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
I wonder how many cops will actually try and smog dyno a AWD car with that smog dyno station. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
they did this down the street from my house a couple of times. my tax dollars hard at work :rolleyes:

i'm sure my money can be better spent finding real criminals, drunks and reckless drivers.

·
Ex Supra Owner
1,077 Posts
Hm, its retarded. If you have a current registration sticker they should not hassle you because you paid your registration fees and obviously smogged the car to get it. FTP in CA. How in the hell would anyone on SF pass that thing? Id better take my chances running or going around it acting stupid like i thought it was a stunt jump for a movie :)

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
im sure you can get around an idle test. So say you slam the fuk out of the car if you have coilovers. are thy gonna make you fuk up the undercarriage of your car just to get on it. :bigthumb:

Alex

·
Ex Supra Owner
1,077 Posts
They will probably give you a ticket for a slammed car while busting your ass for smog

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Damn, that is hardcore. More reason why I wanted my TT swap as close to smog legal as possible.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts