Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Premium Member
7,355 Posts
Haven't they run out of money yet? That car has been through so many "revolutionary chages" and more often than not can't even make a clean pass down the track

· Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it is not a chop. I was the track photographer that took the pictures lol

Haven't they run out of money yet? That car has been through so many "revolutionary chages" and more often than not can't even make a clean pass down the track
Actually, it did hit 1:20 - ish at Willow Springs yesterday.

· Registered
451 Posts
Am i the only one that sees this as something interesting, and not a waste of time?

They are trying something different, something that differs from the norm.... good for them for thinking outside the box when it comes to dragracing.

Wait this is their timeattack car... this makes me respect them even more, good for them!

· Premium Member
7,355 Posts
No it is not a chop. I was the track photographer that took the pictures lol

Actually, it did hit 1:20 - ish at Willow Springs yesterday.
Oh. I thought it was his drag car. My bad

· Registered
111 Posts
road racing now and even so this car is so overbuilt that theres nearly no true competition. Its trully in a league of its own looks and performance wise.....dont have respect for the effort though its alot like watching realtime racing in the SCCA world challenge series....

· _________________________
4,591 Posts
Am i the only one that sees this as something interesting, and not a waste of time?

They are trying something different, something that differs from the norm.... good for them for thinking outside the box when it comes to dragracing.

Wait this is their timeattack car... this makes me respect them even more, good for them!
+1.
thats the first thing that came to my mind. they might be on to something new.

· Banned
425 Posts
If there's some serious R&D in that setup, and they didn't just throw a wing on the front because the car pushed too much then I applaud it. It's ugly as sin, but i bet that thing sticks. Running 1:20s at willow springs puts it in some good company.

· Time for change
14,584 Posts
He's not on to something new guys, the drag created by this is retarded. If you were an aero engineer, you'd simple either use a REAL Chassis, or modify the chin/lip in order to create downforce without having an ironing board in front of you. This is a retarded bandaid. Looks like something a kid with 4 proofs of purchase bought from Super Street.

· Banned
425 Posts
Well there is a limit to how much downforce you can make with a front splitter, and canards help total downforce more than they do for the front axle. Without knowing much of anything about his car other than its fwd and he races in a pretty much unlimited class, I'd imagine that he's badly traction limited at the front and is looking for whatever help he can get. I like it.

· Time for change
14,584 Posts
Well there is a limit to how much downforce you can make with a front splitter, and canards help total downforce more than they do for the front axle. Without knowing much of anything about his car other than its fwd and he races in a pretty much unlimited class, I'd imagine that he's badly traction limited at the front and is looking for whatever help he can get. I like it.
Read (Your using the WRONG F"ing CAR!)

And if you like that, I don't like you! Cheers! :tongue:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.