Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a chrome plug cover, one that comes down to cover the cam gears as well. OEM style or something else with full coverage. I searched but had no luck on your site. Does this piece exist? Thanks, Jeff
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, your the man! I 100% want that exact piece. I just don't feel comfortable driving around with my timing belt exposed. On a previous car I had something in the road fly up into my belt and strand me at 4 a.m. Lesson learned.
 

·
Mamba Still On Top
Joined
·
3,462 Posts
lis2k said:
Awesome, your the man! I 100% want that exact piece. I just don't feel comfortable driving around with my timing belt exposed. On a previous car I had something in the road fly up into my belt and strand me at 4 a.m. Lesson learned.
I'm the man! Lol :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,281 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MDSUPERSTAR said:
I'm the man! Lol :)
This is true :)
Uh oh, seems their site is down :( I e-mailed them with no response. Any luck Dusty?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,144 Posts
We could more than likely reproduce the exact stock piece that covers the spark plugs and cam gears. It would have to be done in cast aluminum at first, then machined exact, polished to a mirror finish, then clearcoated. It would depend on the demand, of course. Just brainstorming.

Eric
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cowboy bebop said:
We could more than likely reproduce the exact stock piece that covers the spark plugs and cam gears. It would have to be done in cast aluminum at first, then machined exact, polished to a mirror finish, then clearcoated. It would depend on the demand, of course. Just brainstorming.

Eric
I think there would be significant interest in just the piece that cover the cam gears since nothing else like that exists. This way it is interchangeable with all the various styles of plug covers that are on the market. Why would it have to be clearcoated?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,144 Posts
On an item like this, we would have it clear [powder] coated. On and around the spark plug cover, there is always oil, grit, or other no good junk that gets all over the piece. polishing the cover constantly would get very old. With clearcoating, it's a quick pass with Windex, and it's as shiney as the day it was made.

But again, this is just kicking around the idea. We only make Supra goods that go through MVP, and unless there would be sufficient demand, something like this would remain on the drawing board.

Thanks guys,

Eric
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think a lot of people would like this piece. Would allow you to change plugs without removing the cam gear cover too. If we can get a group buy through MVP from this guy in the UK thats great, if not production groupbuy :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,090 Posts
lis2k said:
This is true :)
Uh oh, seems their site is down :( I e-mailed them with no response. Any luck Dusty?

Paul over there got back to me Friday. He said he is working with his manufacturer to get me a price on just the half you want. He said he'll be in touch...

Regards,

Dusty
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Dusty, any luck on this part?
Thanks,
Jeff
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That sucks, this piece determines which cover I will be using. Its the missing link. Can you please shoot me a PM if you hear from him.
Thanks,
Jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,090 Posts
I'll probably post it here so everyone knows. If the demand is there I'll probably have TTC make these as part of their awesome aluminum dress series...who knows.

Regards,

Dusty
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top