Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, their legal department must be packed with assholes.

Harold St. John passed away suddenly on February 28. His death, however, has sparked a controversy involving Chrysler and a number of auto suppliers who are defendants in a legal battle with the late 67-year-old retired airline employee.

St. John and his wife filed suit against a dozen companies last summer claiming his exposure to asbestos in their products while working at a family-owned auto shop in the '50s and '60s had caused his mesothelioma, or cancer of the lungs. While some defendants have settled with the St. John family, six remain including Chrysler, Honeywell and Bosche Braking System, among others.

The case was to go trial on Monday, March 9, but St. John's sudden death last month produced a wrinkle. On March 3, the day he was to be buried, Chrysler secured a court order to stop the burial after a judge denied it access to the body for an autopsy. A process server attended the funeral and, after the mourners had left, instructed the funeral director not to bury the body and return it to the funeral home.

Fortunately, the same judge who denied Chrysler's request for an autopsy the first time around has denied it again, noting that samples of the outside lining of St. John's lung had been taken last December. This should clear the way for St. John's burial where he will rest peacefully, undisturbed by Chrysler's legal team.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Isn't Chrysler working on a deal with Fiat? Fiat would get a 30% stake in them.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
^ chrysler wasn't always bad. They went to the shitter as soon as Cerebrus ( privately owned company) bought it from MB. Now its fuck warranties and fuck the consumer

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't Chrysler working on a deal with Fiat? Fiat would get a 30% stake in them.
I thought it was 51% to gain control. I could be wrong. I know they are wanting to bring Fiats into the US with Chrysler brand badges.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Does anyone else laugh at the mesothelioma commercials when they come on TV?

Yes, I know I am going to hell.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
chrysler/dodge is putting out some horrendous quality crap. I mean hyndai is suprassing them in quality control. The only thing anybody wants from chrysler is "Jeep", thats about the only thing that they're not screwing up too bad.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Fuck Chrysler, their vehicles are crap. I know 4 people now that have returned brand new cars and trucks within 2000 miles because of various major problems. I used to own a dodge truck and it was ok just because it did not have a Chrysler engine in it. The drive train was crap though. I'll never waste my money on one again.

·
In for teh nudez.
286 Posts
Chrysler branded fiats would be very cool, I just hope they don't stick that dodge/chrysler grill on them.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Before we were sidetracked by a two bit sandlot softball team.

Jeep would get picked up. You think Viper would cease to exist? You think someone would take pieces of it or the SRT stuff?

I wonder what this would do to Cerberus? A fly by tv ad talked of GM understanding its liquidation through bankruptcy already.

This really could be a good kick start for better US cars.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
Viper may have already been sold. Jeep is probably the only thing they would want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts