Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
573 Posts
that is stupid who would not want cash. This must make the auto makers sick that the dealers are running things down so they can try to make some easy cash

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
dealers were always screwing people
whats new

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
That article pisses me off. I recently rented a car and went to pay in cash and they said sorry we don't take cash. I was shocked to say the least. Is cash becoming obselete or something? If so, I didn't get the memo...

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
They get kickbacks off the financing. I can't tell you how much they would make off the Jeep, I can tell you they obviously make much more off the financing.

Also keep in mind the dealerships are independent of the actual maker company.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
That article pisses me off. I recently rented a car and went to pay in cash and they said sorry we don't take cash. I was shocked to say the least. Is cash becoming obselete or something? If so, I didn't get the memo...
They want an account # in case you try and screw them. I thought that was a pretty standard one.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,274 Posts
They did him a favor as that 24k Jeep would have a 20k value as soon as he would drive off the lot and would loose another 5k in 6 month. :)

As far as I know, most dealers don’t make a lot off a new cars, so they tag on bunch of useless crap, plus if they finance, then they get to tag on gap insurance, insurance on the loan, exc.

Let all of those brassards fails, and I don’t see why no current manufacturer can just sell you a car directly? You buy it online and have it delivered.

·
4,931 Posts
I wonder if the statement 'legal tender for all debts, public and private' applies, even if you can't get them to agree to the deal in the first place.

·
Entrepreneur
959 Posts
I wonder if the statement 'legal tender for all debts, public and private' applies, even if you can't get them to agree to the deal in the first place.
that the funny part... FRN - federal reserve notes" are not a LEGAL tender at all if you really look into it. Don't ask me, I don't want to go off topic. Watch money masters.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Dude just needs to take his coin, buy a clean older jeep and pocket the rest. Seriously, fuck any new car dealer these days.

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
In most cases now it's the dealers that are helping to fuck over the manufacturers. They want people to finance because they make a shit ton more money on it than a cash sale. They have the right to refuse payment of cash but they can't force you to finance. Want to really piss them off? Offer to pay with a credit card preferably American Express or some other card with a high transaction fee.

The bullshit stuck in the 60's dealer practices of many of the domestic auto dealers is really starting to bring down GM and the like.

·
Registered
572 Posts
In most cases now it's the dealers that are helping to fuck over the manufacturers. They want people to finance because they make a shit ton more money on it than a cash sale. They have the right to refuse payment of cash but they can't force you to finance. Want to really piss them off? Offer to pay with a credit card preferably American Express or some other card with a high transaction fee.

The bullshit stuck in the 60's dealer practices of many of the domestic auto dealers is really starting to bring down GM and the like.
Speaketh thine truth.

American car dealers and manufacterers need to learn that "Buy American" doesn't mean anything anymore. First, half the fleet veichles are built in other countries while many forgein cars are built here. Secondly, why in a globalized economy would you throw extra money for a sometimes inferior product.

I'm not one to say that no Ford/Chrysler/GM meets standard, I like a bunch of cars produced today but the prices are usually bumped in ranges compared to other auto makers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts