Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's about that time of year again, almost time for the Circle Oregon Cruise. In previous years we've had the cruise start in portland, through salem, eugene, florence, licoln city and back to portland. This last year the turnout was, how should I put it, quite sad. We had 11 cars from Eugene to Florence but only 4 cars continued the trip north along the beach. So, this year we're going to change things up a bit, but have not quite decided what route to take. I've had some thoughts so far, but would like some input as to what would be a good cruise.

Here are some thoughts:

1: Start at jantzen beach, head north to longview, hwy4 to hwy 401, to astoria and back into portland on Hwy 30.

2: Start at vancouver mall, take i205 to hwy 14 to hood river, stop off for burgers and head back via I84 to portland.

3: Start at vancouver mall, Take I205 to 84 to Gresham, take Hwy 26 to Gov't Camp or Timberline Lodge, head back the same way we came.

If anybody has any other ideas any input would be appreciated. The date will be the same as the last couple years, the last saturday of August which will be August 26th. I will be designing this year's website this week and will make a decision on the 29th based on what kind of feedback I receive. This will be a multi-car cruise, so be sure to let your friends know once it is decided.

Thanks,

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Any of the three trips sounds great to me Joe

Timing works great with The #2 SupraBurger Cruise In set for Saturday August the 12th...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Joe :)

If you guys are willing, myself and most likely a few other 3000GT/Stealth owners would love to join you guys again this year. I missed out on the last two, but I still remember the blast we had back in 2003. :D

If the word is still 'the more the merrier,' we'll see what we can do to help bring some publicity into this year's Circle Oregon Cruise. Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

- Shaun

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shaun, it would definitely be good to see you on the cruise again. This is a multi-car cruise, so all cars are welcome (that can keep up). I will be posting the info on local evo, wrx, 3Si, etc forums shortly..

Looks like we will be doing the Hood River Cruise this year. Since Jim Sr has been doing the burger joint cruise-ins, i'm thinking we can hit charburger. It will also cut down on the miles on the cruise since the beach cruise was over 400miles for those coming out of portland. Info will be posted shortly.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
It just dawned on me Joe that this date conflicts with the local (here in Longview) Unique Tin Car Cruise that I go to every year so I won't be able to make it. I am sorry as I was looking forward to going on this cruise this year...

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
We'll probably bring one or two cars out to this...unfortunately no supras from our group...but we have a couple of turbo S2K's and a big turbo 240.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i would love to go but i work sats. maybee next time i can afford to take the day off to go.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like I'm going to have to move it to the 2nd of Sept. I have a wedding on the 26th so that's not a good day. I have chosen going down 14 in WA to Hood River and back on 84 on the Oregon Side, or vice versa. Will be stopping off at Charburger where I hear the burgers are pretty good.. May call it the "Supraburger Cruise #3" and make bump his to #4..:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts