Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Recovering Supraholic
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm visiting Charlotte next week, checking the city out to see if we like it enough to move there.

What are the places that I should not leave Charlotte without seeing.

No clubs, just places of interest and maybe none chain restaurants.

Thanks

·
!black
4,625 Posts
....charlotte pretty much sucked IMHO.

Ru San's was a good sushi joint... I can recommend a few hole-in-the-wall mexican joints that rock. But other than that, it was pretty much just a "eh" place.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Agreed.... the only thing worth seeing in Charlotte is I-85 so you can drive the hell out of that place. :)

Just my opinion... but some love it there. My sister is one of those people.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
If you're into racing, there's plenty to do around Charlotte. If the speedway is doing tours, the $5 tour is worth every penny. They'll take you all around the track and tell you about it, and they even do a lap in the 15-passenger van (my driver was a 60-year old lady who did almost 100 with a full load of passengers!). There's also race shops like Hendrick motorsports nearby.

If you're looking for a decent, cheap lunch I'd recommend the Penguin on Commonwealth avenue. It's a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant but has great atmosphere and food.

I agree with the people that there's not a lot to do around here. It's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit :)

·
I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!
640 Posts
If your in town next weekend then head uptown to FoodLion speedstreet. Free concerts and plenty to do.

I can't recomend any great places to go see but am one of those who loves charlotte. I have moved 12 times in my 24 year life and charlotte was by far my favorite city. I now live in greenville, sc where everyone seems to love it here but me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry if im hijacking the thread but im in Winston-Salem now and working.
I´m going to be here a couple of weeks.

Are there anything fun to do here in NC? racing, dragracing, supras, clubs ?

·
Recovering Supraholic
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Charlotte:
Nice clean city, everything seems to be new, built in the last 10 years and still booming, I'm impressed! Even the Ghetto part looks "nice" compared to must cities.
Whats up with all the Sharon....... streets?

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
i personally hate charlotte, i wasn't there for 40mins and my brother in laws integra was busted in and the audio stuff stolen in less then couple of mins we were in the asian markets.

Charlotte is filled with a lot of low life crack heads!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i personally hate charlotte, i wasn't there for 40mins and my brother in laws integra was busted in and the audio stuff stolen in less then couple of mins we were in the asian markets.

Charlotte is filled with a lot of low life crack heads!
So your one experience is exactly how the entirety of Charlotte is? Wake up!

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
not to be racist or anything but saying u were at an asian market with a modded integra says a lot about why something liek that happend :)

other then that i mean charlotte is a pretty chill place... not many fun things to do unless you're into the whole club scene which i grew out of kinda quick.... many places to just hang out down town.... everything looks more cleaner then most places ive been too.... you can drive down to lake norman or lake wyile from here which isnt far at all.... i mean i like it to live... but like some one said, i dont think i would want to visit here :)

we do have a lot of supras though, and if you're into the racing scene there are cars and bikes that gather at the Promenod (or how ever u spell it) on providence road right off of i485

·
I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!
640 Posts
^ said well. I loved living there and will be back hopefully by the end of the summer. Alot people say they don't like living there but when you have lived in as many different places as I have you get a good idea of where u wanna be and I found Charlotte to be one of those cities. Charlottesville, Va is the only other city that I thought came close

·
Registered
435 Posts
Charlotte is a booring city and totally sucks. You'd hate it. I suggest you stay in Michigan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts