Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 4-row some time ago but didn't get the overflow bottle with the kit. It was nearly impossible to get the bottle from Greddy and I really couldn't see myself paying $100+ for a Greddy or aftermarket one anyway. I've read quite a few folks are running Civic overflow bottles stating that they are a perfect fit between the battery and fender. I went down to my local Honda dealership and first asked for an overflow bottle for an '03 Civic. After asking me every question about the car (2dr/4dr, DX/?, ect.) he finally told me $59. No way, I've seen people post up getting these things for $20. Lets try an '06 Civic. $27 for the bottle with the cab and elbow. SOLD! Here are the part numbers:

19106-RNA-A00 JOINT, RESERVE TANK
19101-RNA-A01 TANK, RESERVE
19102-RNA-A00 CAP, RESERVE TANK
19103-RNA-A00 HOSE A, RESERVE TANK

Thanks to Martin F for originally posting these!

Pics:

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it just wedged in there? do you have pic of it out of the car?

thanks,
sid
Yes, it's just wedged in. I don't have any pics of it out but I'll see if I can take some.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
I did that once then I fell over and hurt my knee two days after installing the bottle- but I have no way of really proving that it was the cause.

Kruso

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
I like a little bling. I bought my polished Summit Racing aluminum overflow can on Ebay for $25 shipped:

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
My dasani water botttle reservior, gives me more horsepower, and saves weight!

Reactions: 2jzgte77

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Nope. Its just a round overflow can, though. You can install it just about anywhere, really.

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
so i got the civic bottle from the first post but can't get the hood to close when i wedge it in between the battery and washer fluid reservoir. how did you get yours to fit?

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
Sounds just like what my buddy did in his drift 240. However he used a NOS energy drink bottle...
haha...kinda like me using an aluminum cake tray as a turbo heat shield, and an aluminum handle off of a walmart paintball gun as an e-brake handle (very nice looking btw)...also used a vaccum cleaner hose as wire loom

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
looks like the shape of the 06 civic one fit in there well.. just not secure.... I kinda like the summit one a little better cause it can be more secure.

·
hmmmm
166 Posts
so i got the civic bottle from the first post but can't get the hood to close when i wedge it in between the battery and washer fluid reservoir. how did you get yours to fit?
I was having trouble because it was bottoming out on the battery tray and was sitting too high. I just took a long screwdriver and pryed the bottle back a little to clear the battery tray. Once it slid past there, it was sitting lower than the batter handle and the hood cleared no problem. Also had to do some pushing on the wire harness by the headlight. The bottle kinda pushes on that 1 grey clip, but not too bad. It fits, I'll try and get pics before work.

·
Registered
406 Posts
do these civic tanks have a vent to atmosphere just incase too much coolant builds up. I know does only if you have a problem but im just curious

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts