Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Wanted to ship my Supra here to Las Vegas from a non Smog state. I have a 1997 TT that has been converted to single turbo running AEM V2 with BC Stage 2 cams with no cats. I know they are super strict here with the smog. If I register for the Classic Rod license plates do I still need to do smog initially? I know the Classic Car plates you don't need to but they require the vehicle to be stock. I don't want to do the Pahrump registration. Any suggestions or advice on how to approach this? Would really like to see if it's worth the trouble bringing the vehicle over. Any suggestion or advice is greatly appreciated. Even through PM. Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I know we have a few Vegas locals on this forum, might poke around the Supras In Vegas subforum on here to find a couple of them to PM about it if nobody else answers.

Seeing as how Vegas gets so many tourists, I wonder if they'd even care? When I was living in Phoenix, I was never once even asked about my Wyoming plates on the cars, because of the amount of snow birds living down there seasonally, and college kids. Do you still have a residence in your current state where the car is plated? If so, it might be easiest to keep it registered there.

At the end of the day, no matter how much your car pollutes, unless it's your daily (it sounds like it isn't), then the net emissions from the car are likely less per year than your typical 40+mpg commuter car... Yeah, I get it, the car stinks, pollutants are still pollutants, and toxic and so on and so forth, but for an atypically driven car, it always seemed odd to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts