Supra Forums banner

6641 - 6652 of 6652 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
its hard to find a true clean MKIII anymore. i'm sick of going out on weekends and all you see is a million big talkers with their little vtec/si civics, accords, integras and when you do find a supra its usually rusted up the wazoo, falling apart or destroyed cause somebody tried to rice it out. lets get some REAL cars posted here. give us the story of your car and dont be frugle with pix. we wanna see what GOOD clean MKIII's should look like.

POST YOUR CLEAN MKIII SUPRAS HERE..

So i'm the second owner of this supra. its my first car and will probably be my last. im actually quite glad i ran across this. in my years with supras ive only seen one other 89 with the Mahogony Brown Metallic paint from the factory. i've been debating on repainting it possible a black cherry metallic or Deep Sunburst Orange Metallic. so let me know what you think.

EDIT: 3 years later i feel my car qualifies for what i started this thread for. In the beginning yes it had its flaws.

Some mods...
1JZ swap w/ 51,350 miles
5 speed w/ Hydro fan
Godspeed Aluminum Highflow radiator
3" Intercooler/piping
Tanabe Hyper Medallion Exhaust
Test Pipe
Walbro Fuel Pump 255lph
XXR 502 Chromium Black 18X8.5 F 18X9.5 R
Leather Momo shift knob
Custom brake detailing.

here's a couple older pics right before the swap with old wheels and before i stripped off windshield decal.

SO thanks for the posts and enjoy...
that is NICE, here is my badbaby, original paint from 1991

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my '91 since 2005 (and A70 Supras since 2000), but this is the first time posting it up. It could be cleaner, but I'm working on that. I just finished restoring it mechanically, and it drives like new.
The next steps are replacing the interior with one that isn't sun damaged (I have 3 spare interiors ready to go for this) and doing the bodywork and paint at a high-quality shop to fix all the minor dings and the sunburned clearcoat of the factory color respray from 2007.
Then onto Tein coilovers with EDFC and new wheels. I just got back from a trip to Japan where I was able to source a lot of hard to find pieces for the restoration, so I'm pretty happy about that.
I haven't driven this car regularly since 2006 when I gave it to my brother to drive in college in Minneapolis, and after it suffered BHG, it sat at my parent's farm in Wisconsin, until I started working on it three years ago whenever I visited (I live in California.) The original glass sunroof is pretty unique.
Hopefully I'll be finished sometime this summer. This car means a lot to me, and I hope to be driving it a lot once again before my 40th birthday next year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my '91 since 2005 (and A70 Supras since 2000), but this is the first time posting it up. It could be cleaner, but I'm working on that. I just finished restoring it mechanically, and it drives like new.
The next steps are replacing the interior with one that isn't sun damaged (I have 3 spare interiors ready to go for this) and doing the bodywork and paint at a high-quality shop to fix all the minor dings and the sunburned clearcoat of the factory color respray from 2007.
Then onto Tein coilovers with EDFC and new wheels. I just got back from a trip to Japan where I was able to source a lot of hard to find pieces for the restoration, so I'm pretty happy about that.
I haven't driven this car regularly since 2006 when I gave it to my brother to drive in college in Minneapolis, and after it suffered BHG, it sat at my parent's farm in Wisconsin, until I started working on it three years ago whenever I visited (I live in California.) The original glass sunroof is pretty unique.
Hopefully I'll be finished sometime this summer. This car means a lot to me, and I hope to be driving it a lot once again before my 40th birthday next year.

Nice. Where in Wisconsin u from?

6641 - 6652 of 6652 Posts