Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my frist MKIII supra 2 weeks ago, its automatic, and N/A. And even though its not as quick as a turbo, its fun as hell to drive. Anyways, it needs some bodywork, theres a dent, a couple little rust spots here and there. Im gunna try a tool to see if I can pull the dent myself, but Im wondering if the only way to get rid of the rust is to sand it completly off? Im pretty certain there are some cleaners out there that will eat the rust up, but im not completly sure. Any ideas on how to get the rust out?

Any help or ideas are appreciated

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
For rust u need to sand/grind it off, then primer/flatten out and repaint. No easy way to get rid of rust and it's pretty costly if u get a professional to do it.

·
Piyaud-Baka
201 Posts
I"m in the same boat your are buddy, my car is original from Illinois, now resides here in LA, has some rust around the wheel wells, nothing to seriuos, some sanding and wire brushing, its a 91' hardtop N/A Automatic, like the other person said, you just gotta sand and bondo, and paint, as for cleaners I'm not really sure, never really looked

·
Registered
961 Posts
To remove and stop rust buy some stuff called Rust Mor (ill check the exact spelling tomorrow). Ive used it on a few jeep parts and it totally disolves rust.. Just paint it on and wipe away the rust. This stuff would be great for your undercarriage... After removing the rust with it, spray on a nice thick undercoating and it will be good as new (well almost...)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Ive been contemplating sanding it, but I dont have the right tools, and really am just looking for a cheap easy fix, ima look into that rust dissolving stuff. But I also have one more question, My engine bay is just filled with dirt and grease, and all that good stuff, I was wondering if you guys have any ideas of cleaning it up? Pressure wash it? If so, what should I avoid getting wet? Thanks again for the help!

·
Piyaud-Baka
201 Posts
what I did was use engine degreaser, used up about 3 cans and just hosed it all down, and then sprayed some type of cleaner, made the engine nice and shiny, till it started raining, I dont have my under cover, so my engine is all caked again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts