Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the mist of installing a fuel system and when i took out the throttle body and upper intake manifold i notice a lot of carbon buildup in both of these. any special way or solution to clean these out really good?

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Buy some TB cleaner, and get a few old tooth brushes. Pull your intake piping off and spray the cleaner liberally all over the inside of your TB. Hold the TB open and spray it inside as well. Let it soak in and do its thing then reach up in the TB with your toothbrushes and brush it vigorously. Let it dry and youll be good to go!

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Vise-Grips on the throttle setup there with the trac control works wonders on holding the butterfly open.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Use Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner. It's dealer item only & runs about $8-9 a can. 1 can should do it. This is the strongest stuff I have ever seen. A friend had major carbon build up on his pistons, intake, etc. used MCCC & cleaned it right up. Reg Pepgirls TB cleaner wouldn't touch it. I even used it on my Supra by running it through a vacuum line off intake manni. with engine running. cleaned up my carbon issues. Slightly improbed throtal responce & increased my gas milage. ;)

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supra_Class said:
Use Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner. It's dealer item only & runs about $8-9 a can. 1 can should do it. This is the strongest stuff I have ever seen. A friend had major carbon build up on his pistons, intake, etc. used MCCC & cleaned it right up. Reg Pepgirls TB cleaner wouldn't touch it. I even used it on my Supra by running it through a vacuum line off intake manni. with engine running. cleaned up my carbon issues. Slightly improbed throtal responce & increased my gas milage. ;)
sounds good, where do i get it at? should i clean it with the parts off the car, or wait till i get them back on so i can start the car and let the stuff clean the pistons as well because im sure they have buildup too. thanx

·
Registered
197 Posts
I cleaned mine today. I just used a $1.99 can of STP throttle body cleaner from Auto Zone. Most of it came clean without even having to touch it with a brush. Probably any throttle body cleaner should work pretty well.

Before::frown:

·
Super Moderator
4,428 Posts
Why polish when you can have it jet coated which gives a polished aluminum appearance..but also actually has a benefit as well. And is only about 100 bucks to get the intake man. coated. My Intake manifold , and valve covers, and power steering reservoir is at HPC getting their polished aluminum coating as we speak....will post pics when i get them back if anyone interested. I also sent my TB to have them polish it since cannot dip TB unless you remove all the TPS and cables.and i didnt want to mess with it. Intake man.....110.00 Valve covers 85.00 for both , and i think 55 for power steering to get coated. Not too if you ask me and actually will reduce temps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts